Breathing Makes it Harder

Echo pov:

Here with or without you, it doesn't stop.  I told myself I didn't need you, yet I do.  In my dreams I take shows, and upon them place a twist.  We are no longer just Jenni and Echo, two small town girls, one desperate for control and the other dying to get rid of it.  Instead my dreams steal the lives of characters, turning us into them. 

In these dreams instead of separate we are one. But I guess that is why it must be a dream, for when we awake all we are is alone.

Memories of our past haunt me day and night, for I never get my escape.  The only thing close to a release from this witchery was when I fell and Jenni caught me.  Being in the arms of my devilish angel took away the memories and instead filled me with promise to the future. 

Ironic, is it not?

The one thing from my past that haunts me seems to be the only person who can set me free.  But alas I do not want to believe this, and instead still avoid you. 

It's been a week since she came back. A week since she apologized and there hasn't been and comment on my part.  Instead of responding, I take the easier path. I ignore. 

Ignoring... Funny isn't it how the tables have turned.  For there was a time when I was ignored.  The person who I was crumbled beneath me, leaving just the ruins.  I was like the Holy Temple in Jerusalem, built by the great King Solomon then destroyed just decades later. 

I used to be whole, but the moment those three dreaded words escaped my minds, it all turned to stone.  Jenni left me.  For a while it was just emotional but then she physically left the state, leaving me behind.  She ignored me, which was the reason for my crumbling.

Yet here I am now, standing infront of her.  She is apologizing and I stand as tall as I can and ignore her.

But this is not what I truly want.  The inner, most true parts within me want nothing more than to kneel at the feet of my former mistress.  My soul wants to submit once again to her, apologize for ignoring and go back to how things once were.

But can they be?