Mondays

To be quite honest I don't know what the hell this even is...

Bare with me, I couldn't it finish right now.

Mondays are tough. It doesn't matter whether your fifteen or fifty, getting ready for or waking up to a Monday is a dreaded experience. Perhaps we're influenced by society to think this way or we really are just generally negative towards a week of...not a lazy Sunday. If we started the week on Tuesdays maybe it would be less daunting, at least for a while. I wonder how long it would take for Tuesdays to become tough too.

Many humans may just be generally lazy and have no drive, but Mondays is when this truly shows. Even in the perky energetic kind that can wake up talking; who's to know that they didn't keep their eyes closed for just a few seconds after waking to take in the day ahead, perhaps building up the energy needed to be extra cheery and unintentionally irritating to the rest of the community on the day they have to make more of an effort than usual.

No one really hums in the shower, not without music, especially on a Monday. When being just five minutes late means that breakfast is reduced to a biscuit packet or piece of fruit nabbed from the kitchen and stuffed in a bag for you to multitask with later.

This hustle and bustle is most likely happening in the homes near you too. In a flat, it's more obvious of course. Heavy plods of the barely awake, or the pitter patter of toddlers with parents chasing after trying to explain that no, it's not a holiday and to 'just stay still for one minute'. This continues onto the streets, the roads the offices until an hour passes and time starts to slow a bit. However, then it starts to drag.

There's only ten minutes till lunch but you may as well have started already for all the work you're doing. Then it's a communal time, friends or no friends, you can hear at least one groan about the work they've just done, how it was boring, hard, too stressful or just the same as always.