1

I walked into Mr. Parsons' room and slammed my books down at my usual spot in front of Tommy's desk. Claire dropped her pencil and started yelling at me in a deep voice.

"HEY PUUUNK! PICK IT UP!" she yelled.

"YOU PICK IT UP PUNK!" I yelled back as Kristin laughed.

Claire leaned over the bar of her desk to take my pencil. I tried to take it back, but she tossed it to Kristin.

"Break it! Break it!" she chanted.

Kristin snapped off the lead and said, "Take that, ya punk nugget," and have me back the pencil.

I gave her a pouty face and got up to go sharpen it. When I turned around to head back to my seat, I saw Tommy looking super jealous. I sat back down and he started telling me some stupid jokes, obviously flirting.

"Guys, it's not gonna work," said Kristin.

"It is not going to work," Claire agreed.

They were right, Tommy and I would never work out. I decided to play it dumb, I didn't want to come across as gay.

"What?" I asked, pretending to be confused.

They started mimicking me.

"WAT?"

"WAT?"

"WAT?"

"The bell has rang, its class time," Mr. Parsons said over all the noise. He started talking about the Roman Empire.

I zoned out and stared at the door thinking about Will, my crush. I looked a little to the right of the door and caught Andrew staring at me. He blushed then turned back to his desk. Does he like me?

The bell rang and I was on to my next class, science. I sat down at my table beside Evan, Andrew, Payton, Alex, and Will.

"Make sure your lab paper and your weekly review are both turned in by Friday," said Mrs. Hoy.

"Oh do you have mine?" Will asked standing up. He is so adorable and hyper all the time.

"Will, you are so much like the squirrel on 'Over the Hedge.'" she said. I swear Mrs. Hoy says that everyday. "Today we will be doing another lab, so get in groups of two."

I looked at Will, but he and Andrew already were partners. I felt jealous and angry at both of them.

"Want to be partners, Chance?" asked Alex.

"Sure yeah."

We got all of our supplies and went out into the hallway to test how fast different types of balls go down ramps. Alex kept on messing up the experiment and purposely stopping the ball. He got up to go get a drink of water and when he got back he tried to kick the ball away. Instead he tripped and fell! Kristin and Claire were right beside us and were cracking up laughing. I was laughing so hard I was crying.

"Oww, my back," he said sitting up with a smirk, "What can I say Chance, I'm falling for you."

I giggled and Kristin and Claire started chanting 'Alance.'

"What the heck is Alance?" Alex asked.

Kristin and Claire just looked at each other laughing.

I was pretty sure Alance was our ship name. Alance sounded nice.

Mrs. Hoy came out and told us to clean up because there was five minutes of class left. We put away all the supplies, turned in our packets, and packed up. The bell rang and I was on my way to study hall.

I sat down beside Will and we both worked on our weekly reviews for science. It went by quickly and next period was gym.

I barely knew anyone in that class and all we did was write weekly fitness plans. Next, I had lunch. I sat with Will and Tommy.

"So Chance, do you like anyone?" Will asked.

"Um, yeah, a few people."

"Who?" Tommy butted in. He was a great friend and all, but I wish he would just leave me alone sometimes.

Before I could respond, Josh raced everyone to get the last seat at our table. Will and I groaned at the exact same time.

"Hey guys, good thing I made it! The table almost ran out of room," Josh said.

Josh talked the entire time about-wait I wasn't actually listening.

I went to math the next period and sat by Sophia. She usually ignores me and just talks to Will and Noah. I zoned out most of the time.

For seventh period I was an office helper with Tommy. It's kind of fun bringing papers to teachers and writing passes. We were delivering a form to Mr. Kerns when Tommy brought up the question from lunch again.

"So who do you like?"

"Just forget it," I told him. Poor Tommy probably thought I liked him.

When we got back to the office the bell rang and I headed to language arts. Mrs. Wise had a substitute and we only had to make paper airplanes and write airplane similes on them, so we could talk. I sat beside Will and Kristin. Will played with my hands until we had to start working.

Claire, who sat behind me, started chanting 'Chill' with Kristin. Chill sounded perfect and I smiled.

~~~~~~~~~~^~\O/~~~~~~~~~~~

So guys... Wat did ya think?

- Ya Gurl See