The Royal Romance - The Royal Temptation

Fast upload right? All because I can't wait to share this chapter. I don't know why, but I'm kinda starting to like writing in third person point of view. 

               Hold it against me by Britney Spears. I put it there because that's pretty much what I could think of that speaks about this chapter. 

               One tip: Don't ever write stories while listening to Britney Spears if you ever want to finish fast. Because you won't. She'll pull your brain out of your head and just make you sing with her. 

                   Comment, vote, fan, library add, Would you hold it all against me? :>

                                                        *                *                *

        Emily, William, and King Deveraux had been watching home videos for almost two hours already. Both the King and his granddaughter were enjoying while William was bickering to himself whether Emily was sexy or cute.

        I couldn’t be having these thought, could I? William thought.

        As he watched her with intent eyes as she laugh at the home videos they had after she was born, the witty remarks of her parents—her true parents—the creative laughter, and the recognition of their resemblance to her, he knew he was hooked the moment she snorted to him. Emily would catch him staring every now and then but he would just clear his throat and shift his gaze to the wide screen half the size of the wall. She would think he’s weird and some psycho on the loose.

        He never saw her as a kid for once when he was staring at her. He saw her as a mere lady, wildly sexy and unbelievably cute. William was twenty one years of age while Emily just turned seventeen, he didn’t know that.

        When the videos were all watched and twilight had started to break, Emily felt tired. She had a party with her friends, dancing, drinking, laughing, and after, a huge amount of stress ate her up when she found out she was the Princess of Baltonia, then embarrassed herself in front of basically the whole Royal household, then bickered with the most high-functioning sociopath who thinks she was a school girl and called her Hannah Montana. Plus, the question about how her parents—Cecilia and Dante—was doing hit hard the back of her head.

        Oh dear, I am having the best day of my life, she thought.

        “Grandpa…” Emily said. “If you do not mind it, I’d like to continue catching up tomorrow and rest for now.”

        “Of course, I do not mind!” said the King. “You’ve had more than enough for today. I know you are tired to your bones. William, boy, would you please escort Emily to her room.”

        Emily snorted as she heard the word boy. William sent her a cursed look.

        “You heard that, boy?” teased Emily.

        William, frustrated inside, cocked his head to the side with a smile. “Yes, I heard it, school girl. And I’d love to!”

        The two went away with a distance seizing them up. Emily continued to roll her eyes on the man beside him whilst William had a stern, stationary expression on his beautiful face.

        King Deveraux, left at the grandiose white and gold couch inside the parlor, laughed to himself. Ronald and Santana had knowing expressions as well.

        “This is going to be interesting, do you not think so?” said the King.

        Santana responded in her Pennsylvanian accent. “Yes, I believe so, my King.”

        “Cheer up, Ronald, Santana! There’s a good romance before us.”

                                                                                *                *                *

        “The king appointed me before hand to be your bodyguard… which meant three things. One, wherever you’ll be, there I’ll be. If I cannot stop you, I must accompany you. Second, anything that concerns you, concerns me. Whether it’s picking up the next undergarment you’ll wear or what wine you want for your party, the maids and butlers will always consult me. And third, you follow my orders in regards to your safety. If you don’t, I will resort to physical extortion, either dragging or carrying. Trust me, you wouldn’t want either especially both. Are we clear?”

        Emily rolled her eyes. “Sounds like a babysitter to me.”

        After a long span of time walking around the Palace, they had finally finished the hallway that led to one room and one room only. It didn’t need a genius to realize that it was meant for the Princess, Emily.

        William sighed. “Yes, I’m a babysitter because you’re a baby. Otherwise, it won’t be called a babysitter but a nanny.”

        “You know what you are, Mr. William?” said Emily, walking towards him with narrowing eyes. “You are a high-functioning sociopath only capable of taunting a beautiful, innocent girl like me!”

        The man snorted. “Who said you were a beauty?”

        “There must be a reason why you can’t take your eyes off of me…” Emily said in a seductive, low voice.

        William’s tongue betrayed him. For the first time ever, the most handsome, eligible bachelor in Baltonia and even Karlsburg was silenced by a mere school girl.

        “Thank you, Lord William.” taunted Emily in the same whispery voice. “You gave me the reaction I wanted. Who’s the school girl now?”

        Emily turned away and opened the door of the room intended for her. The moment she opened the two-door wooden entrance, was the same moment she was ripped away from reality.       

        Only a minute after did she realized that Lord William was kissing her… with passion and hunger as he led themselves inside the open room and closed the door behind them. He trailed one of his hands to her slender back and the other one was holding the lower part of it for support.

        Emily could barely keep up. Who could blame her? No one had ever kissed her like that. In fact, never had she kissed before at all. She didn’t have knowledge, nor experience. She never knew she’d lose her first kiss today, much more to the latest high-functioning sociopath she met… and a handsome one at that matter.

        William didn’t spend another minute when he viciously pushed Emily at the double-king sized bed—or Princess sized bed—which took them a hard time to locate. He brought himself down hard to her and kissed her again, fast and hungry, the Princess had an innocent stupor on her face.

        “Next time, know if you can keep up before you mess up.” William stood, as if nothing had happened, and straightened his pin-striped suit, leaving the astounded Emily on the bed as he shouted: “Breakfast is at eight. Get up before that or I will order the maids to feed you on your slumber. That wouldn’t be beautiful.”

        “I am not the terminal late comer here, re-tardy!” shouted Emily to William, who left the room with a deepened sense of victory surging through him.

        Only one thing was in our little Princess’ mind: that it was her first day and she already made her first enemy. And she had had her first kiss… with her first enemy.