Be Mine?

It had been three years since the inception of the show 'Kuch Rang Pyar Ke Aise Bhi'! Three years since the day he had first met her; three years since they had embarked upon a fantastic friendship that had slowly blossomed into a much more beautiful relation - that of love! It had been three years since they had fallen in love!

A lot had conspired in these three years! There were ups and downs; they also had their share of fights; that ultimately resulted in a passionate kiss or hot make-outs. At first, there were rumors about them dating, then there were  theories of their relationship going haywire and a speculated trouble in paradise; but they had sailed through it all together and had emerged through it all, stronger than before They were happy and content with one another. Despite their erratic schedules, they still managed to steal some time for themselves and spent it by going on romantic dates or long drives or just spending some time in each other's company!

She was the best decision he had ever made in the thirty-five years of his life and so was he in her twenty-six years of life. They did have a considerable age gap between them and the media was the first one to point it out, but they remained unfazed and believed that their love was strong enough to surpass all the difficulties life would throw at them together. Acc He had decided to propose to her for marriage that day; their second anniversary! He had never been so sure of anything his entire life. He was happy, and he was going to make her happy too! If she was the sunshine of his life, he was the anchor of hers!True to her name that meant 'An Honorable Ruler,' she indeed was the honorable ruler, that of his heart and soul! They were the most adored couple; both on and off the screen; by their fans who fondly called them ShahRica (an acronym of their names, Shaheer and Erica). They had managed to keep their relationship under wraps and away from the prying eyes of the paps and fans too.

Shaheer Nawaz Sheikh essayed the role of Dev Dixit of 'Kuch Rang Pyar Ke Aise Bhi' and was an Indian television heartthrob! He had met Erica Jennifer Fernandes, the leading lady of the same show, who played his love interest, Sonakshi Bose. They had hit it off instantly and were best friends! Unknown to the two themselves, they had fallen in love; deeply, madly and irrevocably! But not wanting to make their personal life a 'Page 3' gossip articles, never spoke about it. However, their fans were an advanced version of 'Sherlock Holmes' and had managed to read between the lines of ShahRica.

Shaheer was acting a bit vague that day, and Erica felt hurt by that; little did she know that that day was going to be the most memorable day of her life! Shaheer was feeling guilty for unintentionally hurting her, but he also knew that she would forgive her for the same, on understanding the reason behind his ignorance. He had been monitoring all the arrangements at the venue in between the shots, over the phone. He wanted to make sure that everything was going to be perfect and straightforward; like them!It was almost during pack up that Erica had had enough and walked up to Shaheer and tugging him on the shoulders turned him around to face her! "What's happening Shaheer! Why are you so lost today? Is something bothering you!? You know you can share anything with me, right??", she asked him, choking on her words; thinking of the worst! Shaheer felt even more guilty, and just as he was about to answer her, he got a call from the person whom he had hired to take care of the decorations. He looked at the phone and glanced at Erica's face; tears threatening to spill; and back at his phone! "I will be back!", he said to her, with a heavy heart and pecking her forehead left from their answering the call! "Yes yes, I am leaving; will be there in some time!", was all Erica heard Shaheer say, as he left the sets, without even sparing her a last glance; like he usually would, if he was to leave alone!

She kept staring at his silhouette as he departed in his car. As soon as his car became invisible to her, her tears that were threatening to spill over finally made their way out of her eyes and down her cheeks. Hurt, she almost ran to her vanity and crashed on the couch and started to sob hard. Nearly fifteen minutes after thinking of the worst possible scenarios and sobbing harder, she noticed an immaculately gift-wrapped package kept on her dressing table. Wiping her tears with the back of her hand, she leaped off the couch and picked up the package in her hands, and a note fell to the floor. Erica immediately kept the gift and bent down to pick up the note. She immediately recognized his handwriting and began to read the letter...