A Walk Down the Road

Walking down stairs. Stepping off hastily.

Clutching shut my metal watch, fixing my shirt, collar. Yeah, good.

Out on the road, breathing and trying to hide my face from that extra social uncle who sits idle all day only to check on what others are up to in life and waves a hi to everyone next passerby, and my full concentration is currently on the task of hiding away and passing by without catching his eye.

Don't look- don't blink- focus on that lamppost- don't move your eye ball- just focus on walking-walk as if your life's at stake- walk-walk & I'm out! I'm out of the danger uncle zone! I'm dancing mentally.

So currently walking. Simply walking.  

People, watching people walk by, or maybe the other way round. Whatever, let's keep it aside at the moment.

Not just plain watching you know, observing. Observing how everything is going around. Taking on so much of the atmosphere surrounding me that I might write a thesis now.

That guy. That guy on the motor bike was weird. Smiling sheepishly at me while his other two mates on the backseat whispering something into the initial one's ears while gazing me as if star gazing.

I shook my head and they were gone. That shady group of guys has passed by. Thank Goodness.

Stepping forth, a guy, a guy I recall, red tee shirt, black joggers, trimmed beard, a little less trimmed below the lips and above the chin for a fashion statement. He was quite into his phone but then a sudden change in him when he saw my foot steps heading him, drastic change in physical appearance of expressions suggesting mental thought process inside his brain.

A second or two of eye contact and I've crossed him already. There was some fluttering in my heart, like something just rose up and sunk down in a blink of the eye. Going a little slow so that I can analyse what just happened. Quite a few steps of unnoticed environment and I concluded.

He's the same guy with whom I used to attend my junior year Tution. Okay, haha, I used to have a crush on him.

What was his name by the way?

Too hard to remember, it's been a long long time.

Back to concentration on my humanly and a little inhumane atmosphere.

This woman in yellow net sari and brown hand bag was looking at me as if I'm alien.

Wierd.

Then this Uncle who seems to belong to my old neighborhood on his scooter with a red helmet looking at me while passing by.

God. Do I have something in my face? Let me check. Chances are high cause I left home in a confederate haste.

Takes out my phone to remove whatever I have on my face which makes me look so highly unearthly that people can't help but cast a look.

Story over, protagonist got bored and went home. Lalallalal

This author is horrible.
High too.

Just kidding, she's really busy.

Btw the cover isn't mine, I requested someone to make it and I want to give that person the credits but I can't find her anywhere. Cuddos to her and if you're her then please comment in that you own that cover.