"It's a journey, not a destination"

All rights reserved 2017. Plagiarism and distribution of any kind are prohibited without the written consent of this story's author. This is an adventure story. All the characters and scenes are produced by the author's craziness. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, events, places and/or other stories is entirely coincidental and not intended by the author.

How come that I considered the story of "it's journey, not a destination" as an adventure?

Let's find out!!! :)

*******

"Graduates of Batch 2016, congratulation! At last you're gonna harvest the fruits of the tree you've been planting for the past 5 years. Always remember that in every trials come in your way always have hope and be strong, don't let anything or anyone stop you from fulfilling your dreams. Fly as much as you can. Once again, congratulations!"

Then all of the newly graduating student, wearing toga start to throw their hat having wide smiles on their faces. Yes, today is our graduation day. What a nice intro huh? Woah! I still can't imagine this day.

It's been five years of studying, it's been five years of sacrificing, it's been five years of working in a different part time jobs. Now I'm Engineer Khira Mendez. I made come true the dream of my mother for me.

 I made come true the dream of my mother for me

"Khira, would you like to be an engineer just like your father".

"No, mom I don't to get in accident and die just because of my job"

"My dear, you and your father don't have the same fate, it doesn't mean that if you become an engineer eh you're gonna end up dying just like your father."

"Okay if that so... I will be Engineer Khira Mendez!"

Then mother and I giggle...

It's been five years when my mom left me. She's now in heaven with my dad. She died right after my graduation in high school so I'm living now on my own. First, its hard of course but time comes I manage to live.

So as I study college, I work part time jobs. I'm not totally broke, its just I want to stand on my own even without my parent's along. 

******

"Excuse me?" Coming from unfamiliar voice.

"ohm, yes, how can I help you." I said

"I'm Abegail Estefani, I work in zamudio Building Company and I'm offering you a job. Because I can see your potential doing an engineering task, besides you are the Magna cumlaude of your batch, so?

"Ohh, Miss Estefani, that would be an honor to be part of your company. I accept your offer."

"Oh, that's a good choice Ms. Mendez, I'm looking forward to work with your expertise, see you!"

"bye!"wahhh yes! What a good start for you Khira!

*****

"congratulations, Ms. Mendez, the client was so impressed with your job. The president said he was planning to give another project. Would it be okay?" Said Mr. Siguenza, the head of the Engineering department.

"Of course sir, that would be great. Thank you for the trust."

"Welcome just continue what's your doing and you'll gonna take far"

Yes! It's been my 3rd project under Zamudio Building Company and I enjoy it, I like it! I made two houses of the prominent people and I museum located in Ilo-ilo.

*****

"To all the passengers going to Haiti please proceed to...." The Announcer said.

"Oh, Ma'am that's are flight" Said Sofia, my Assistant.

"Well then lets' go." We are beading now to Haiti to do son project. We are going to build the ancient houses their just like its late image to preserve their cultures. By the way, we are now doing International engineering jobs because Zamudio Building Company is now going global.

Last month I went to Dubai, and a month later I went to Chicago and of cause it's all under to my job as a builder

This face of Khira Mendez went different places. To do the job given by the company. Of course for fun, and enjoyment

It's remained five years of working an engineer. I founded my own and designed house, my cars and other materialistic needs. I am now 26 year old still I single but in still happy, duh! Love can wait.

By the way after this Haiti project. I'm planning to study college again. I want to take tourism. Cause I do believe that we are not living for having similar goals. Extend your wings. Do you think if you fulfill your dream, ehh you're gonna stop dreaming already? No, life is a journey, its not a destination. And engineering is not my destination but a only a part of my journey.

"You sure Miss Mendez "asked Sofia.

"Sure bout' what?"

"About leaving your career as an engineer."

I smile....

"100% sure!"

...........

:)