I

a/n i recently re-watched haikyuu!! and i felt like i should write about my otp, KageHina. bc why not?

It was a cold, normal Sunday afternoon.

The skies were dull, but not gray. The clouds stood still, it seemed like, but they were moving. The slow, cold breeze blew away the petals that have fallen. Two chocolate, mud-like eyes were staring intensely outside the glass window.

Hinata Shouyou wasn't your average second year, high-school student. He stood in 170 cm, even if he was in second year. He could jump really high, and has ultimate skill in spiking and receiving. But he wasn't as good as the libero, of course. He was the Ace, following Asahi's footsteps.

Kageyama Tobio, on the other hand, was cooking for the two of them. The orange-haired boy was staying in his house so they could practice with ease, and they could meet up easily.

He wasn't your normal second year, as well. He had a talent for setting and serving, standing in third place as one of the best setters in the Prefecture.

"Kageyama, I'm going upstairs. Can you call me when the food's ready?" Hinata asked, not looking at the taller boy.

His eyes were still glued to the window, he loved how to petals fall.

Kageyama replied with a faint 'yes'. Hinata finally looked at the other way, and stood up. He walked up the stairs and went inside the medium-sized room the Kageyama family let him stay in.

Hinata wasn't fond of sharing secrets. But there's one he never shared, but everybody knew. How? It was obvious, wasn't it?

Karasuno's Ace was madly and deeply in love with Kageyama Tobio.

It wasn't considered a secret at Karasuno and Nekoma. Everybody noticed, except for the man himself.

Why? It's so obvious!

After many months of thinking, he considered this as unrequited love.

It's no wonder that so many poets have written about unrequited love. For when their emotions have become so overwhelming, so agitating, anxiety-laden, or consuming, how could they not be driven to search for just the right words, images, and metaphors to express—or better, release—such intense feelings? And, almost like a bloodletting, such a discharge is likely to offer them at least some immediate relief. So throughout history, writers have painstakingly sought to transform their raw, overpowering feelings into a language as poignant, as "touching" and "moving," as this excruciatingly frustrating experience must have been for them. And their deeply personal need to give voice to such anguish was probably as urgent as the anguish itself.

That's how Hinata felt, personally. His chest would ache whenever Kageyama was having a fun time with someone, and, or if Kageyama is showing unfamiliar affection to someone. It made his head spin, his eyes shake, and his heart throb. His stomach drops every time.

Most people have been wondering where Hinata was. The crash site of unrequited love. You ask yourself, how did he get there? What was it about? Was it his smile? Was it his strength? Was it his looks? What are these elusive and ephemeral things that ignite passion in the human heart? That's an age-old question, and nobody has answered it.

"Ask me why I keep on loving you when it's clear that you don't feel the same way for me. The problem is that as much as I can't force you to love me, I can't force myself to stop loving you." Hinata sadly stated to himself, the orange-haired boy broke into sobs.

He loved Kageyama a lot, and his heart ached when he doesn't see — hell, feel — it. Hinata definitely has fallen for somebody. In love, yes. But, not like this?

What the hell was it, then?

It was a cold, normal Sunday afternoon.

The skies were dull, but not gray. The clouds stood still, it seemed like, but they were moving. The slow, cold breeze blew away the petals that have fallen. Two chocolate, mud-like eyes were blurred by tears, thinking about their owner's unrequited love.

- ally ~