Chapter 2

This is how John had always imagined it. Just him and Sherlock, soothingly cuddling each other on their narrow but cozy little couch in their warm flat, rain lightly pattering against the window panes with the curtains drawn. The only difference was that the curtains were not drawn because they didn't want anyone on the streets seeing them like this. That wasn't a problem anymore as they had both overcame that, but because that was where they'd always been. Drawn closed, ever since the first day they both laid eyes on each other. Their lives were shared with one another and always will be from this day on. John would finally make one of the biggest choices he'd ever made, but he knew that it would complete his life in ways that nothing else could.

John laid beside Sherlock, leaning into his warm chest and tingling as he felt Sherlock stroke his smooth hair and twiddle the short strands in his baby-soft fingers. John had persuaded him to watch James Bond as it's a film he's always looked forward to watching as he used to watch it with his sister, Harry (Harriet), when they were both merely children waiting for their next 'big' adventure. He'd felt like this was what he had been looking forward to throughout his whole childhood; being with Sherlock Holmes (although he hadn't known it then). So far, Sherlock was enjoying the film until one of the characters he favored the most missed an opportunity to save themselves and ended up getting killed. This was something he didn't often do but he had found out that he actually quite enjoyed it.

Earlier that day, whilst Sherlock was at Scotland Yard doing God knows what, John had been shopping in Central London. He wanted what he'd buy to be special and unique as it was a pretty big deal. Of course, this was a gift to Sherlock as the majority of things John buys is. John had to get 3 cabs to get to the shop he was looking for and it ended up being one of the most expensive places to buy from in the whole of London, but it was 100% worth it. Finally, he had arrived at the grand department store, Harrods. John had made sure that he'd gotten enough money to pay for what he planned on getting so he had had to work extra hours at the clinic. He even got himself a temporary full-time job as a doctor for a month as one of the doctors was abroad for a while. He had to make sure that he bought the right one otherwise both himself and Sherlock would be heartbroken and who knows what would happen?

John had tactfully hidden his gift underneath the skull on the mantelpiece as Sherlock never looked under there for anything (why should he?) so he was pretty certain that the plan that he had created would go fairly smoothly if Sherlock acted his usual self.

The film had nearly ended but Sherlock was still fixated to the TV screen. "What an unlikely fan, eh," John chuckled to himself. He carefully got up from Sherlock's grasp and went to check on whether his present had been found. Once he was 3 feet away from the mantelpiece, he didn't even need to look under to know that it hadn't been touched so he went on his way to their bedroom to sort out his clothes he was going to wear that evening. He'd booked a glass pod on the London Eye for 8:30 pm (which was in 2 hours) so he needed to get himself ready for then. John could hear the ending music of the film fade out, he'd seen it so many times that he knew it off by heart, and heard the gentle footsteps walk across the living room and into the bathroom. He guessed Sherlock would be having a quick bath before their outing which made him feel better knowing that Sherlock was making an effort this evening.

With Sherlock in the bath, he wouldn't be out for a while so John took this chance to retrieve his gift. He stealthily ran across the hallway, into the lounge and to the mantelpiece where the little wrapped box rested underneath Sherlock's 'old friend'. Grabbing it, John ran back to their room and carefully placed it into the pocket of his newly-bought trousers (specially chosen for this evening). John pulled on his outfit, feeling a new confidence inside him with every clothing garment he put on. Looking into the mirror and grinning, he said, "this is what I've been waiting for for the whole of my life. This is it, so get the hell on with it..."

---

SIDE NOTE:

I'm looking forward to the next chapter, haha. Sorry there wasn't too much fluff in this one but the next chapter will be the fluffiest of them all. Hope you enjoyed reading this!

Have a lovely day <3