CHAPTER 1: LEAVING HOME

Picture of Layla
♡♡♡♡♡♡》》

Layla's POV
     I packed the last of my stuff up and took it with me as I went down the steps of my new old home. Chase had already packed up all his things and was waiting for me in the family mini van.
"Are you sure that's all your stuff sweety? You know we aren't coming back here again", Bree, my stepmom asked as she took the rest of my stuff and loaded it into the van.
We had been packing our stuff over to where we were moving to slowly for months now. Each time we moved, it seemed more painful  to say goodbye to the new friends you've made.
"Yah", I replied as I handed her the last piece of my luggage. I looked at my friends Miriam, Elizabeth, Chloe, Adam, Claire, Melissa and Vince, who came to say their goodbyes. All Chase's friends were there as well. I walked over to Chloe and looked into her teary eyes. They had thrown a huge fair well party for us last night but I just didn't want to leave. This would be our 6th drastic move.
   First we left England where Chase and I were born to go to South Africa after mum dad because dad married Bree and she said she wanted to study Africa and African conditions and wildlife or whatever. Then we left S.A to go to Romania because Bree said she wanted to get to know her distant relations and embrace a new culture while she was at it. While we were still in Romania,Bree had my little sister; Riley. But Bree and dad agreed that they didn't quite like Romania. So we moved from Romania to Canada. From Canada, we moved to U.A.E, Dubai to be precise, because my dad got a job as an architect in one of their major building constructions or so. I adapted to Dubai. And I love it here. But now we have to move again to Boston for no good reason. 
"Hey don't cry", Chloe said to me as she haboured my crying, teary face and head on her shoulder.
"Yah", Miriam said, "Besides it's not like you're  going to die, you're only moving away".
"And we can always stay in touch, I mean there's whatsapp, there's snapchat, facetime, imo, and other networks", Adam added.
"Don't be sad anymore Layla, it's also hard for Chase, especially for little Riley, but you got to put yourself together. And take this huge step with your head high", Liz said as she stroked my back gently.  The rest agreed with what had already been said and gave me a hug.
"I hate to be the bad guy here, but your dad's in the driver's seat, the bags have been packed, everyone's in the car, so it's time to go Layla", Bree called out. I gave everybody a last hug and we all had a big group hug. Then I got into the van and we drove off. I gazed outside the window and waved back at Chloe and the rest who were furiously waving and saying goodbye until they were out of sight. Poor Riley had cried herself to sleep and Chase just listened to music on his ipod. I took out my phone  and started listening to 'Big Girls Cry' by Sia.
It was a long, silent drive to the airport. But we got there eventually. We checked in. Made our way to the waiting area and when it was time we boarded our flight to Boston.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
I really hope you guys liked this chapter.
Don't forget to comment and add to your library. Gigi out. XOXO