prologue

flashback

 I closed my eyes and avoided the fact that this was happening. I pushed myself into an alternate reality, one where my father wasn't drinking his head off.

I felt a sting on my right cheek and realized he hit me again; I fell onto the floor sobbing uncontrollably in agony while my father was constantly kicking me in the abdomen over, and over again.

Then I felt something sharp dig into the back of my head followed by nonstop blood. My father threw a bottle of Jack Daniels at me.

I got up to go but then I slipped over the carpet and landed face down on the hard wooden floor. I heard my father say something along the lines of, "You filthy whore! This is all your fault. Your mom would have still been alive if she hadn't given birth to you. Get off the carpet NOW!! You've stained it with your blood" he bellowed in my face.

I was surrounded by a pool of my own blood - I couldn't think straight. The only thing I could feel is the horrible pain going through my whole body.

"I - I'm s - so - sorry," I whispered.

I wanted to get out of this situation...

Suddenly I felt my father being pulled away from me and the last thing I heard was sirens until I blacked out.

I recalled nothing else.