9

Oh my god, I was going to see Jack in an hour and I was still doing my hair. I decided to straighten it cause it's normally kind of wavy, but it's taking me forever cause I burnt myself twice.

"Sweetie, do you want me to drive you to the cafe to meet this mystery boy?" My mother asks me, softly as she walks into the bathroom.

"No, I can walk." I say before placing the hot iron on the sink.

"You better get dressed if your seeing him in an hour!" She laughs before walking out and finishes making lunch.

I take a deep breath, and look at myself in the mirror. I had heaps of make up on and my hair was perfect. But did I like it?

"This isn't me." I mumble, why was I trying to change myself for a guy? Who knows, this might go terribly.

My lips were to red, my eyeshadow was too purple and my foundation was too thick, I didn't look like myself. Compared to my normal face, I look like a clown.

I grab the make up remover wipe angrily and smudge on my eye, the makeup was ruined and there was no going back.

I rub off the rest roughly, before applying a nude eyeshadow with a wing and lip gloss. Now I look like myself.

I smile, before running to the closet to pick an outfit. I was going to wear a red dress, but there's a rip in the back from my stupid cat.

I find a leather jacket, and a maroon shirt. Then I put on black ripped jeans, I walk over to the full body mirror and stare at myself for what feels like hours.

Was this enough? Was I enough? Was I really about to meet my idol?

*beep*

@jack_maynard23: hey doll, are you ready? I'm bored and wanna go early. x

Early? Was I ready to go earlier?

@jackmaynardbehellacute: I'm not ready

That was a lie, I was dressed and prepared.

@jack_maynard23: I'm sure you look gr8, come on..

I roll my eyes,

@jackmaynardbehellacute: fine, and you said the mini cafe shop a block from *street*

I message him, he takes a few seconds to respond but I don't worry.

@jack_maynard23: yep :))

I take a deep breath and run out of my room, with my purse and phone I leave the house. My mum waves goodbye, and my sister laughs at my panic.

I walk down to the cafe jack wanted to go. I sit down in there alone, he was late. 23 minutes and 49.. 50.. 51 seconds late to be exact.

"Where is he?" I mumble, I feel myself starting to sob. I tried to control it but tears were forming in my eyes, I blink them away and grab my phone.

@jackmaynardbehellacute: where r u??

@jack_maynard23: right behind you cutie

I turn around, and Jack instantly embraces me. As our bodies separate he sits down across from me. I can't stop smiling, neither can he.

"You're even more gorgeous in real life." He says sweetly before the waitress comes over for our orders.

"I'm not ready yet." Jack shrugs before picking up the menu, I nod at the waiter and she walks off.

"Jack.." I mumble, nervously.

"Yeah, Mel?" He says, looking up from the menu.

"Why were you late?" I ask, awkwardly.

He rubs his neck, and then itches his arm. Then looks away uncomfortably. "It's fine if you don't want to tell me." I say.

"Conor said that I shouldn't be getting so close to fans, that's all. I mean, he thought that I would tell you secrets and you'd tell the public." Jack explains, his expression saddens as he explains.

"Jack, I would never do that to you." I place my hand on his palm, and he rubs his thumb around mine.

"That's what I told him. But he just kind of forced Mikey to agree with him." Jack shrugs.

"I'm sorry."

"For what?" Jack questions, confused.

"For causing an argument between you and your brother." I apologise. He doesn't respond, but he suddenly stands up and grabs my hand. He pulls me to his chest, and hugs me.

"You know, even though we only started texting each other a week ago I feel a strong connection with you Mel." He whispers into my ear.

"I do too Jack."