If I died tonight...

So today I had a dream about an old man. A poor old man and a rich bastard who was mean, so very mean to the poor old man. And I don't know why but it took place in a super market.

I was just casually walking around a super market between the bread and produce section and I see this old man on his knees begging for this man to spare some change, and the man started yelling at the old man. Cursing and screaming for him to get away before the man beat him.

The old man, in fear of the rich man, coward away from him. I was witness to all of this and I felt bad for the old man but did nothing. well not yet anyway.

So I was walking around the store and I forgot something so I went back to the bread section and I saw the old man on the floor begging a different person for money so he could get food before he wasted away.

This old man was thin, thin beyond any normal thin and so so pale with dark circles under his eyes from lack of sleep I'm guessing.

This old man was begging a person and that bastard of a rich man saw him and started hitting him and kicking him so I walked past them in the isle grabbed two loaves of bread and went to check out.

When I got back to the isle the old man was on the floor crying in pain and I walked over to him cautiously and when I got close he flinched. I bent down and opened a loaf of bread "here." I pulled the old. frail man onto my lap gently and tore a small piece of bread from the slice I had in my hand. "Eat." He took the piece and started chewing on it.

The rich bastard came back "I thought I told you to stop being a peasant and crawl away and die."

The old man started to shake "please no." the old man cried and hid his face in my lap and before I could do anything the rich man brought his foot down on the old mans feet and I could hear every bone in his feet cracking.

The rich man repeatedly stomped on the old mans feet while saying "Go. Die. You worthless. No good. Piece of -". Well you get the point.

I was trying to make the man stop what he was doing by pushing his feet away but that only got me a kick in the face that sent me back a couple inches.

When the rich bastard was finally done with the old man I crawled back to him and held him on my arms. He was weak and very, very injured. I tried to make him eat some bread but he was to weak to open his mouth.

I tried crying out for help but everyone was gone ( mind you it was a dream) so I just ended up crying and praying for the old man to stay strong and hold on I would get him help by he refused.

He clung to me like a scared little child and then he said something I'll never forget ( even if it was just a dream) he said:

"Dear, you have been such an angel to me I will never find a way to repay you for your kindness and I pray that I will see you again one day."

I shook my head, tears streaming from my eyes like water coming out of a broke faucet. I held him tighter and kissed his soft black buzz-cut head repeating to him "your gonna be okay. your gonna he okay"

I felt my heart stop as soon as his body went limp in my arms. the poor old man was dead. I sat there crying and shaking violently. Nothing could compare to the feeling I felt after that.

My heart felt like it shattered into a million pieces. I would never forget the old raggedy old man who would always remember me as an angel in his world.