Windy car

A/n here we go! Forewarning this book will be absolutely random, the stories having little to no connection besides location, and characters being thrown in for no reason at all (besides me feeling like practicing character writing)

     The university shone like a miniature sun illuminating the insides of my beat up old Chevy Astro that I had gotten off of my grandparents old farm lot. It's dark burgundy paint peeling off looked like my hair in the morning and afternoon if I was being lazy. Rough and sorta out of place, like most of my life. Yesterday I got call cloud girl because of how long I spend driving. I'll let you reread that. Done getting over the fact they call me cloud girl and the reason for it.
     I don't drive a normal car, nor do I have a normal life. My van was not man-made nor natural, and it would fly at the thought of flying.
    Shoot I got off track didn't I. Sorry about that, my name is Jennifer Goldwind, and I fly the sh***y old Astro van.

"Heads up." An almost human voice said from my left, causing me to look up and get scared by the humanoid hologram my HUD was projecting. The humanoid looked like a blue ghost girl, semi translucent and only visible to me. 
     "What the f-" Was all I got out before being interrupted by a strange boy who put his hand very forcefully over my mouth. Where did this little shit come from and why was he demanding me to be quiet.
"There, do you see her?" The boy looked 5 or 6 years old, younger than I had originally guessed him to be. His dark hair was messy and had a few twigs in it. I made a note on my Hud possible struggle/escapee. His clothes dirtied on the front like he had been lying down somewhere on the forest floor. His backpack looked almost empty except a few items which I couldn't see. He was pointing at a red object in the sky, that seemed to be hurtling towards us.
"Jump in to the passengersn seat, I'll drive thanks." The poor kid had tried to hop into my seat and push the driver pedals but didn't quite make it.

     "She's still following us!" His tiny hands gripped the edge of the window, almost white knuckling it in fear from whatever had been chasing us. The last three hours had been a blur and only ended when I managed to fighter pilot the thing into multiple buildings.

     A/N Just an idea I came up with a while ago. Short and semi sweet.
Any thoughts about it?
Don't forget to vote and comment!