Bring On the Boys

Chapter 3

Maddie's POV

"You shouldn't have don't that Maddie, Chloe's powerful." Kendall said worriedly as I rolled my eyes. "But I'm invincible," I teased as Kendall forced an uneasy smile across her face. "We have mess hall in 5 minutes and if you're late all the pudding's gone," Paige winked.

We walked awkwardly down the hall, but soon the moment had worn off and we asking each other questions to get to know each other better. We reached mess hall and saw Chloe sitting with a bunch of twinkle toes at the center table. She sent me a glare and I felt hated, I assumed she would've softened up, but now I realize Chloe holds grudges.

We grabbed a few trays but I replayed Ms.Valerie's words in my mind.

Do I really need to eat all this junk food? I eyed the cake at the end if the line but snapped myself back to my senses. I grabbed an apple in front of me and followed Paige and Kendall down the row of food.

"So Paige, is your brother a dancer?" I asked remembering the loverly picture of him on her lockscreen. "Haha! Nope!" She laughed loudly probably meaning he couldn't even to the hokey pokey. Kendall and Paige grabbed two pieces of the beautiful cake and even slapped some pudding on their trays, but I stuck to my apple. "Maddie aren't you getting more than an apple?" Paige frowned as we found a few seats at an empty round table that could probably fit 8.

"I ate before I checked in," I lied, but it seemed like they bought it. A small group of 4 boys took a seat at the round table and I snapped into Barbie mode, trying to be elegant and flirty. Boy Dancers are almost always good, and not to mention, GORGEOUS. "Hello," I smiled, biting into my apple. "You ladies new to Joffrey?" One of the boys spoke up and we nodded. Ok so maybe we're too young for boyfriends, but who said anything about boy friends?

"We got here last semester and already love it, are you girls in the scholarship program?" A second guy asked. To me, he was the cutest and I looked shyly at him and batted my eyelashes. A trademark I had learned from watching the Bachelor at home. He flashed a smile directed towards me and I giggled.

"Paige and Maddie are, but I'm just a new trainee." Kendall sighed and we engaged in conversation. I learned that the first boy to speak's name was Anthony and Kendall obviously liked him. Paige had her eye on the black haired boy next to Anthony, who's name was Thomas, and the second boy's name was Caleb. And boy was he adorable. He's from Pittsburgh too, and he was only 13! So technically I could date him, if we weren't friends. Ryan, the guy sitting next to Caleb had a girlfriend, which was good because none of us liked him very much, but he was tolerable. "You girls seem nice," Thomas laughed and Paige twirled her hair in her finger. "Well, I have made 3 enemies already, so don't judge a book by its cover," I sighed and Paige and Kendall gave me quizzical looks, I realized they hadn't known about the evil duo I met at auditions.

" At auditions these to snobby brats were going on and on about how they were going to get in and that they were too good for Joffrey and when I heard I told them it was anybody's chance, but my defensiveness cost me two enemies and now there's our roommate Chloe, who doesn't like me for not wanting to listen to her tell me that we're wannabe ballerinas." I rolled my eyes. "You guys have Chloe Lukasiak for a roommate?" Anthony scoffed. We all nodded miserably and it turns out, almost everybody at Joffrey hates Chloe for her cockiness, which made me feel better.

We arranged to meet up at breakfast tomorrow after we get our schedules and chat. Once reaching the safety of our dorm, Kendall,Paige, and I began to chat away. "I'm pretty sure Ryan has a girlfriend here at Joffrey," Paige babbled about the fourth guy although she wasn't into him. "Anthony is SO cute!" Kendall squealed in delight. "Did you see Thomas, he so likes me!" Paige chirped in. I opened my dream duffel and began unpacking. "Maddie you so like Caleb." Kendall hung upside down from the top bunk. I pulled out my drawers and began pushing my dance clothes inside. "Nah I'm only interested in being friends, I'm turning 13 soon, but I don't like any boys." I said plainly. I heard Kendall whisper to Paige, "they'll date, trust me, he so likes her." I pretended not to hear and finished unpacking.

I turned on my lamp and pulled out a magazine while Kendall and Paige talked quietly. Soon, Chloe walked in angrily. "Hey Chloe," I smiled, but she glared at me. "I'm sorry about earlier." I sighed, but she ignored me. I sighed again and turned off the lamp, luckily I hadn't run into Elise or Grace today, but I would soon. I need to step up my game. So far I have 6 friends, but 3 enemies.

I turned over to go to sleep, but nothing could prepare me for tomorrow.