Chapter 5

1/07/16 - EDITED

After Rose helped me feed, she decided to go back to her friends for lunch, so I was left alone walking back to the school. I wanted to walk back like a normal person, not like a vampire. Thankfully, there weren't much cars passing since it was during school and work hours. After becoming a vampire, Rose cleared up on what's true and false about vampire. For example, vampires can go into the sun perfectly fine; also, they don't hate onions. I had just entered school grounds when my phone went off. Letting out an annoyed sound, I pulled out my phone from my back pocket.

Henry - 12:32 p.m.

Dude where are you? you've been acting so weird lately... Is it because me and Ira are a thing? u didn't tell anyone, right? :/

Of course, it was kind of weird that my friends were 'dating', especially when they don't ease their way into it. When they start this friends with benefits thing, the rules were simple: no strings. That was broken the after two days. I found them kissing in the janitors closet, and they were doing other things as well. There was clothes being thrown everywhere, and there was noises coming from them that I probably could've lived without hearing. It was horrible, and I shiver at the mere thought. I started to text him back that I, in fact, did not tell anyone and that I was just getting some alone time when something tapped me on the shoulder. I turn around and see Skelly.

"Um, can I help you?" I muttered and continue to walk.

"Silas, I'd hate to repeat myself. Have you already forgotten that I know your little secret." I freeze as soon as he said that. What does he want with me? After he realized he has my attention, he continues, "I think we can help each other out. There aren't many of us, and I haven't seen another vampire, except for her, but anyways, you're the first one I've seen in years." 

He frowned when I backed away from him. How could he be so blunt about this, like this is just another daily conversation? I looked around to make sure that no one was around.

"How can I trust you?" I question him once I saw that we were alone.

"Do want to know what I really put in my bag?"He said motioning to his bag. I didn't know much about Skelly, but I know that he sells drinks, snacks, and even video games.

" Yes" I admitted, thinking he's talking about the food and drinks he sells.

"I've been a hybrid much longer tha-"

"Woah, woah, slow down there, a hybrid?" I cut him off. They're are so many things I need to learn...

" Yeah, a vampire and a werewolf? Together?"

" You're lying. You must playing a joke on me since I'm new to this whole supernatural world life, but I'm not falling for it." I roll my eyes and started to walk away.

"What I say is true" He appeared in front of me, causing my eyes to widen in surprise. "You must just be a vampire. My senses haven't been good since I ate pickles... never eat pickles. There must be something in them that screws with us."

I look him over and after thinking about it, I decided he could be trust. I just wouldn't give him too much information.

" So... any other, um, creatures I should know about?" This all seems like a movie. I feel like I'm in Twilight.

"Not that I know of. But you should know about the Ewell family. They're the original vampires and hybrids. No one knows who they are or look like. They're the only ones able to turn someone. Well, we could try turning someone, but no one knows how to do it without killing the person."

" So one of them turned me?" I said, started getting angry.

"They just turn people for fun, I suppose. I wish I knew more, but that's what I learned over the years. But I found a way to protect people. I found this plant called vervain that repeals vampire. I put them in the food and beverages I sale to protect them. If you ever come across it, I warn you not touch it. It's very poisonous to your kind."

" Can I get some?" I thought of her. I must protect her.

" Of course" He gave me small bottle.

" Thanks a lot, for all the information" I still need to process all of this and need to tell Rose what I now know.

" Anytime. Talk to me anytime. Except on full moons." He joked. "See you around. Be careful. We do have enemies out there.."

"Enemies?" I turn around, but there was only a empty space around me.

xxx

Hoped y'all like it!

[EDITED BY MEL]

1/07/16 --

mel xx.