Consuming

I felt my bones pop and reshape themselves without my consent. The pain of the shift burned through my system, worse than I had ever felt. It was like someone poured molten lava underneath my skin. It seared my muscles and reshaped them into something that shouldn't be in the realm of possibility. 

I was dimly aware of my father and the other alpha rushing into the room, pushing my mate behind them. My dad's eyes were wide with fear. I tried to concentrate on him, hoping my wolf would see him as comforting or at least recognize him as her alpha but it was too late. My shift was uncontrollable. My wolf was fighting against the mating mark. 

A growl ripped from my throat. The deep rumbling coming from somewhere deep in my chest. I felt the vibrations form in my chest and travel up through my throat and out of my mouth. I watched as my pink fingernails curled in on themselves and scrapped against the hard wood. 

I tried to cry out for help but it just came out as more growls. I was fighting a war with my wolf and I knew I was loosing. What would happen if she won? Would she hurt someone? Would I be killed for my wolf's insubordination? 

Fur sprouted along my skin and within the next minute I was lost in the back of my own mind. My wolf had taken over. She watched the men before her and thought less of them. In her mind she was more powerful than them. In her mind she was the alpha. 

She was going to get us both killed and I couldn't do anything but watch. 

I felt my body shift into a fighting stance as I growled, my eyes solely for my mate, who was currently standing behind my father and the other packs alpha. I could feel every emotion that flitted through our minds. Instead of being happy that she had found our mate so young she was furious that he had marked us without our permission. A marking was supposed to be something intimate that happened when you were alone with your mate. What he did to us was a claiming. He had just took what he wanted without asking, without a thought as to what we wanted. 

My wolf wanted to teach him a lesson. 

"She's challenging my mark." He said with a slight grin marking his face, making the dimples on his left cheek stand out. 

"Then fight her." The other alpha said as he stepped to the side, letting my wolf have a better view of our mate. The only thing that stopped my wolf from launching herself at him was my father, our alpha. He still stood protectively in front of our mate, his hands raised towards me in a non-threatening manner. 

"My daughter is set to be Luna of our pack, and now Luna of yours. Would you really have her hurt?" My father asked, his tone pleading with the other males to spare me. 

"If she cannot hold her own against an alpha she is not worthy of the title. Let your daughter have the fight she is asking for." 

My father shot me one more pleading look before stepping to the side. 

"Don't kill her." he said. "If you do, it will mean war." My dad said, using his alpha tone. 

"Big words for a small pack." The other alpha said. 

"You'd be killing our Luna and your own packs Luna. Kill her and I will bring war to your territory." My father said confidently. 

"Then you better hope you Luna is tougher than she looks." The other alpha said with a sickly smile on his face. He looked as if he would enjoy every second of the fight to come. He looked at me as if he would enjoy seeing my pain. 

I made a mental note to never be alone with him before I turned my attention back to my mate. 

"Outside." he said, flicking his head towards the wooden door that was behind me.