Mission...Delayed

Great, he was in. Walking down the hallways, Jason only encountered one maid who was in to much of a hurry to notice him. Soon he found his way into the west wing, where his target was. The only problem is that the wing was blocked by a thick oak door, that only opened from the other side. Jason's skin rippled once again, leaving a very ornamental statue of the Greek God Proteus, to the side of the doors.

It's funny, he thought, how blind people could be. Here he was, and no one gave him a second look. A feeling of disgust swept through him as he thought of the weak, pathetic disease known as the human race.

They think they are so much better then everything, the top of the food chain... One day they will realize their mistake in ignoring what they don't know.

Focusing, Jason waited outside the door for five days, memorizing the pattern of people. Maids rarely went in, guards where more common. Oddly enough, the master never went in or out. Maybe he was just sick, or working. Yes that was it, Jason was never wrong. His target was in this building.

Okay, he has the schedule down to the second, time to move. For the first time in days Jason's skin became soft, and he took his favorite shape. A 16 year old male, short blond hair, blue eyes, and a tall but muscular body type.

Rounding a corner, he found a guard, but that was no surprise for Jason as he was counting on him being there. With a quick twist of his head, the guard was dead and Jason dragged him behind one of the plants that lined the hallway. Jason's skin rippled, then stretched, muscles formed, and his hair length shortened. Two seconds later, a perfect replica of the dead guard came out from behind the plants and walked toward the huge doors.

The massive doors opened with a buzz, reveling a stout, muscular man. With a stiff nod they traded places, and the doors closed with a boom. Jason then turned and began walking down the hallway to the master's quarters. He would be there.

The night shift seemed to be dead silent. No maids walking, or any talking. Just silence. There. At the end of the corridor was the bedroom, the door was slightly ajar, and the sounds of breathing were filtering through. Going up to the door Jason realized that it wasn't the breathing of someone sleeping, but rather those of someone awake. No matter, the mission will still go as planned.

Jason tried to make his body as clear as possible, and slipped into the room, silent as a shadow. He let his body change to a dark color while walking in the dark corners of the study. His arm lengthened and sharpened, as if there was a sword in the place of his limb. At the desk, a man sat, just gazing into space. When Jason finally got a look at his face, a shock of rage went through him.

"Where is he?!" Jason threw the stand-in across the room. Walking over to him, he set the point of his sword arm on the mans chest. "Where. Is. He?" The words were whispered, dangerous as the hiss of a viper. The clone just chuckled, as if the whole situation ammused him. "Wouldn't you like to know?"

With those hushed words Jason lost control. Rage swept through him and clouded his judgment. Screaming, he plunged his weaponized arm into the neck of the man, who died with a smile of victory on his face.

Coming to his senses, Jason quickly exited, using one of the many windows. He dreaded going back to the school. What would they do to him for failing? He couldn't just go back in, they knew to be on the look out by now.

He knew he was going to be punished severily, but the only thing he could think about was the fact that his target had known he was coming. But how? Failed missions were never allowed, never happened. But eventually they would send him back out. They had to.

Because his mission wasn't over.

Just delayed.

_________________________________

Should this story be changed to PG-13? The killing part seems prettty messed up... Oh well!! Also, the bad guy needs a name. Make it creepy! That's him on the side. I still can't get over that awesome beard...