♥09♥ Part of me, part of you

Dropping Kasamatsu Yukio to the ground, Yuki's expression was that of a very shocked one. 

"Senpai! Senpai, are you okay?!" She quickly helped Kasamatsu.

"I'm fine..." sat on his knees, coughing because of lack of oxygen. "Are you okay?" 

"I'm fine." 

"Hisui..." Yuki looked at Hisui and at Kasamatsu, unsure what to think from the moment he heard his name from her lips. 

Hisui heard her name and she smiled a little as she stood up and faced her owner. "Yuki..." 

"H-how...?" 

"The moment you burnt everyone, I guess..." 

Yuki stared at Hisui, a little bewildered by the turn of events. It was said that when a person with great magical powers die and become a spirit, they could exchange their sanity for magical powers beyond anything. He should have lost his sanity, yet, Hisui was able to bring him back to his senses just by a call of his name. His eyes slowly went from hell fire red to steel blue. 

"I..." Yuki looked at his hands and then around him to see the souls from the past were no longer here. "I didn't want you to see me hurt anyone..." 

Hisui stood up and when she took a step forward, she felt Kasamatsu holding his wrist. 

Kasamatsu stood up from the ground and he looked at Hisui with a longing expression, secretly and telling her not to go. 

"Can you give me some time?" When she requested this from him, the hold on her wrist tightened slightly. She looked at Kasamatsu and she smiled like usual, it was the smile that told Kasamatsu that everything will be okay. 

"I have something to tell you so...please come back in a while." 

"Sure! It's probably a confession, so I'll be quick!" 

Kasamatsu allowed Hisui to leave his hold. He watched her run on ahead to Yuki's side, dragging the spirit away so they could talk in private. 

"Hisui..." Even though he knew she was not going to leave, watching them walk away from him made his heart clenched; was this how it would feel if Hisui was to leave with Yuki? 

In the center of the forest was a huge lake and many fireflies flying here and there illuminating the night scenery just before sunrise. Hisui took Yuki here because it was peaceful and maybe good for the soul. 

"So this is what you mean by fortune." Hisui said to Yuki, "Meeting Kasamatsu-senpai was all part of the fortune?" 

"You're not supposed to remember me...you're supposed to start everything anew with Kasamatsu Yukio." Yuki sadly said to her, "I don't know why now of all times you have to remember me..." 

"Why won't you let me remember you?" 

"Because if you remember me, you won't let me go." Why did everything come to this point? He was supposed to just watch Hisui stay by Kasamatsu's side and watch over her without interfering them. However, when they came here of all places, Yuki couldn't help the urge and wanted to talk to her for a little while. His love for her had never fade away with time. He had always been here, always been here secretly loving her. 

"Why...?" Hisui started to cry, unable to believe that the owner she had been looking for all this time was now a spirit. "Why did things become this way?" 

"I didn't have a choice. I had to keep you alive-" 

"I would have wanted to die with you!" 

"But I wanted to keep you alive!"