Sinking Deeper {Book 1 of the Darkness Trilogy}

Sinking Deeper Preface

The world is a funny place isn't it? They say amazing things to and about someone and they judge someone else. Why it works that way, I don't know. All I know is that the world is quite judgmental of me, but that's okay, I'm used to it.

I thought I could've maybe turned the tides by making the school soccer team. Of course, it came back to bite me in the butt. After I was told I didn't make it, I was given the option to be a helper to the team. Me being in the state I was in, said no.

After the major embarrassment and teasing ended, I gave up on soccer. I had tried to practice again but I only got frustrated with myself. I slowly but surely lost my self esteem too. I never went to any of the games. Instead, I stayed home in my room or helped my mom around the house.

That's where my story begins. I sit up slowly and sigh deeply, wincing  when my back pops and cracks in several places. Looking at the nightstand I reach over and pick up my phone gently. I press the home button and the screen lights up. I squint slightly from the brightness but I quickly turn that down to a comfortable level.

I immediately notice a text from my mom. I sigh as I slide my finger across the screen, typing in my password quickly. I go to messages and read the text.

From Mom:

Hey Honey! I just thought I would let you know I'm not going to be home until very late again. I know we planned on having dinner together tonight and I'm sorry but work needed me for a very important job so I had to go. I'll be home late, make sure you get all your homework done and notify a maid if you are leaving the house! I love you!

I roll my eyes and delete the message. I then switch off my phone.

The reason my mom is staying late is because of the job she has. She started her own construction business about two years ago. She wanted to own her own business for years before, especially in construction, mostly because she would constantly complain that people's houses'  frame was so unsteady, it would collapse before they even settled in. It was quite annoying to be honest. Ever since she started, business has been hectic and all in all, insane. She became very popular very quickly so she's at work all day and sometimes, like tonight, all night. Because of this, she has gained quite a share of money. She herself, and many helpers of course, built the massive three story mansion we live in now. The house itself is beautiful and very neatly done without being too over the top, well, not talking about its enormous size.

There is one room in the house that I hate; my room. I like things small and cozy but of course she made my room large and with marble floors, making the room freezing, especially during cold nights. My large bed is placed at one end of the room, a small living space near the middle with soft, plushy chairs and a purple couch along with a flat screen TV. Then at the other end of the room are the closet and bathroom. Both are large, but both have this cozy feeling about them.

When we built the house, mom knew she would be working constantly so she hired several maids and butlers to help around the house because she knew that it would be too hard and too lonely for me to clean and be in the house by myself. I have an older brother, but he went off to college last year. I miss him dearly, and mom and I are visiting him over winter break. Before we separated, he gave me a few of his old t-shirts for me to have. In his honor, I sleep in them every night.

Some people would consider me to be lucky, and some just think I'm a complete loser who happens to be filthy rich, who is obsessed with shopping and having affairs every night with a different guy. I do love to shop but I don't overload and I definitely don't hook up every night.

I'll be lucky if I do any sort of 'hooking up' at all.

I shake my head and sigh again. I climb out of bed and walk over, more like trudge, to the closet. I run my hand lightly over the back of one of the black, velvety chairs as I go by. I open the closet door and walk inside. I decide to myself that I'm going to go out to eat tonight. As I glance through the clothes, my mind wanders.

When it comes to clothing, I have gotten inspiration from Little Mix. I love their confidence and even though I can't wear half of the things they wear to school because of the stupid fucking dress code that doesn't even allow students to show their shoulders (but mostly because of my lack of self confidence).

After a few minutes, I pick out my black acid wash jeans that Jade once wore, a white tee with Nirvana and the symbol for it at the bottom in black. I also grab my red converse and exit the closet. I pick up my red hoodie from the back of the couch and pick up my bag, walking out of the room and down the stairs.

______________________________________-

A/N: Hey guys it's me! So. this is the preface for the new book that will be coming out on this account! Please follow my main account and also follow the co-owner's account:

@_Izzy__

@Tiana_walder

I have already started writing the first chapter of this so hopefully it will be up as soon as possible!

Love,

Izzy :)