[twenty three]

DEDICATION
this chapter is dedicated to all of
the faithful readers that are reading
this book. even the silent readers.
you guys stuck with this book even
if i am a shity updater. I'm glad that
someone likes this book as much as
I. So thank you readers for this book.
i wouldn't be where I am if it wasn't
for you guys!💖💖

October 14, 2018
Letter twenty three

Dear Maya,

     Maya, peaches, my best friend, I am in love with you from top to bottom. I'm going to admit right here in this letter. I am in love with Maya Penelope Hart. I have been ever since you crawled through my window. You are the princess I've been waiting for.

     I'm in love with your long blonde locks. I'm in love with your pricing crystal blue eyes. I'm in love with your radiant smile. I'm in love with your perfect body's shape. I'm in love with how you dress yourself. I'm in love with your snarky personality. I'm in love with you.

     I'm so in love with you that every time I looked at you and him together broke my heart even more. It hurt to be in love with you, but I don't regret it. It's not like I can just shut feelings off.

     I tried really hard to be happy when I wasn't. I tried really hard to be happy for you when I wasn't. I wanted you, I needed you, Maya, but you didn't want me, and it hurt. All I ever wanted was you, but I couldn't have you.

     And I have spent three months trying to convince myself that I was happy, that I was happy for you. But I wasn't. I was lying to myself.

     Every time I saw you with him hurt and I can't do it anymore, peaches. I can't watch you and pretend to be happy when I wasn't. So please don't hate me for what I did. Please don't. I don't think I could life knowing you hate me.

     Maya, peaches, my best friend, I am sorry. I am so, so sorry that I left.

     I promised i wouldn't leave like your father, but here I am running from my problems like a crybaby. I promised to stay, but I didn't.

     I am sorry, Maya. I never wanted to hurt you, Maya. That was never my intentions.

     I'm sorry that I probably seem very selfish right now. To leave just because the girl I want didn't pick me. But it's not just that, peaches.

     I'm leaving because the girl I'm hopelessly in love with is in love with somebody else, not me. I'm leaving because if I don't every pieceof my heart will fall apart if I stay. I'm leaving because I'm broken and I need to fix myself.

     I promise I'll come back one day, and maybe I'll be better. Maybe I won't be as heartbroken. Maybe I'll actually be happy for you.

     Just promise me that you will never forget me, okay?

Love, Riley.

(A/n) sadly this is the end. I have been planning this since the start. Since the beginning of this book I've been planning this. And I've been very excited to see your reactions. but PLEASE DONT KILL ME! I'm sorry that this isn't the ending you guys probably wanted! But I have good news too! There will definitely be another book! I'm working on it right now, but I'm more focused on finishing Falling and The Sun. So it will be awhile before the next book is posted.