Part 0 : Prologue

Some people thinks they're the fastest racer in Kanto.

Some people thinks their car is better than the opponent.

But, there's someone who drives a car that had its fair share of glory in the past

And that person... drives it daily

Wangan Live Master : Highway Side

Ch 0 : Prologue

Some random studio, Tokyo, 01:51 AM

"Thanks for the hard work, Fumika-san!"

"Thank you."

Fumika, who had another one of her photo session, slumps down on a chair. At the studio She looks tired after making those pose for promoting new cosmetic product. Which is unusual for her. But, that's work. Somehow, she really enjoy this. A person in a business suit, presumably her producer, came to her.

"Ah, Fumika. it's already this late. I think the last train already left the station. Would you take the taxi to go home?" Her producer invites her to go by taxi.

"Thanks for your consideration. But actually, I drive home from this photo session. Since it's already this late." Fumika politely declined.

"That's rare to hear that you drive here. Even I heard you already got your license." Her producer feels confused. "So what car do you drive?"

"I drive with old Nissan. it's a two door model and it also had roll cage inside it." Fumika answered the question.

Producer-san somehow feels more confused with Fumika's answer. He even looked something on his smartphone. When he's done searching, he shows it into her.

"Fumika-san, does the car looks like this?"

Fumika went checking the image then her head does the sign of no. then, she opens her smartphone and find her car's image in the gallery and shows it into her producer.

"It's like this. A Nissan Fairlady Z with Midnight Blue color." She grinned.

Producer-san was shocked because he remembered that car from the local news. He even looks up somewhere on internet and he went amazed because he saw the history and the specs of this, "Akuma no Z" (a.k.a DevilZ). The exact same car Fumika is driving currently.

"Fumika... can I ask something like, right now?"

"Sure... what's it?" Fumika looks confused.

"How the hell you got this car? This is a monster machine you know!" Producer-san said in disbelief.

"How... Ah. Someone sold the car when in auction several weeks ago. Even I just got my license before the auction. Strangely, no one place the bid on this car. And I won the bid for 3000 yen. Also there were 5 or 6 cars that had same look with this one I'm driving now" Fumika answered Producer-san's confusion.

"Wait... you said 5 or 6 cars... that means..."

"Yes it's just an Akuma no Z replica. Mine has a VR35DE inside it. Even one of the car at auction is using faster engine than mine like RB26DETT with twin turbo setup or... ah. That engine from Chevrolet. I think it's LS or something like that."

Then suddenly producer-san yelled.

"What's wrong, producer-san?"

"So... Sorry. I screamed out of blue because..." he takes a break between the sentence. "I never knew there's such a replica of this Akuma."

"Maybe because of its popularity?" Fumika thought aloud.

"A... Anyway. I hope you... you drive home safely. I don't want your career gonna be halt if you got accident and thanks for your hard work, Fumika." He went away after saying that.

"Thanks for your hard work, too..." Fumika have been stunned when seeing her producer went away like that.

A certain parking area, Roppongi, 02:00 AM

Fumika walked from studio to a parking area that her Z is parked. After she paid the parking fee... she entered into the car. She put her key into ignition switch and started her engine. Fumika is pleased with the sound of the V6 that installed into the car.

"Before going home, let's have a little drive tonight. it's been a while," Fumika's thought for what gonna do with the car.

When she left from parking area, one car is following her.

"Khukhukhu... you think you could go away from me after that auction? I'm gonna chase you until death comes."