Chapter 13: Renewed Resolve

RENEWED RESOLVE

'Huh?' The man said looking puzzled.

'Seems like...I'm really fine, haha.' Wolder said looking surprised as well.

'Impossible...this poison should be able to kill any human in an instant...' The man said slowly.

Wolder was surprised, as he thought that he would die from the poison too, which would kill any normal human being. Unless wolder was not a human, he would have died. Hence Wolder concluded that he was not human, to his own surprise as he did not know what he exactly was too. The poison had apparently been neutralized by his immune system, and the pain was from the immune system fighting the poison, making this deduction after learning from the man that the poison would cause bleeding from all his pores and not just in pain.

'I'm sorry... please don't kill me.' The man said.

Wolder then looked pissed and hit the man on his head, as a way of payback.

After that they talked about the incident at Ipswich. John knew that it was not Wolder's fault  that the vampires had invaded Ipswich and that Wolder also felt bad for it too. John was just too overwhelmed by the fact that all his family are now dead and went into a low mental state.

'Now that it's done, I have to go off already. I won't ask for your forgiveness, but I will change this world, with your sorrow in mind too. Wolder said as he prepared to set off again.

'You are actually a lot nicer than rumored...my real name is john by the way. Good luck on your journey. The next closest town from here should be Exeter, if it hasn't been ravaged yet.' John said while waving to wolder.

That was one of Wolder's weirder encounters, as he set off on his journey to the next town, now with a renewed resolve that someone out there shares the same sentiments as him. John also saw the world as an unfair world too, even before world revolution. Before the world transformed, Ipswich was invaded by Belphegor as its commander under the leader Satan. John had heard that Satan was the leader of the invasion, who was the demon king in the devil realm at the time. John was part of the resistance forces against the devils, but retreated into hiding as they were massively outnumbered by the devils and demons.

His parents were kept as prisoners, so John had attempted to save them from time to time. It was when they saw a beacon of light, as if it was god's presence, in the sky that they fought back, and succeeded in fighting back the devils and demons. It was as if god was telling them not to give up from the heavens, and to continue fighting on. John thought that perhaps god felt the humans were too vulnerable, and decided to give them powers too, not knowing that they too would use the powers against humanity.

So wolder set off again, towards the next town, called Exeter, from a signboard that directed him. After what seemed like weeks of travelling and getting ambushed multiple times along the way, Wolder was finally nearing Exeter. As Wolder walked towards the edge of the cliff of the plateau, the town of Exeter was in sight. Wolder jumped off the cliff from rock to rock and landed on the soft grass patch, cushioning his fall, as he started walking towards Exeter. After walking for a few hours, he had finally reached the town of Exeter, with its gates wide open, and human life flourishing in the town.

It was another unique town that wolder had arrived in.

-