Chapter Two

Chapter Two

We sit in the car and Ricky turns the radio up. We now have 'Miss Know It All' by Fifth Harmony blasting out of the stereo as we drive to school.

"I love this song!" I sing

"Oh my god, me too!" He grins

"Oh my god we are so in sync" I laugh sarcastically in my best American accent

"OMG I know!" As soon as the letters O-M-G left his mouth we burst into a fit of laughter. He's the best friend I've ever had and I love him to bits. I don't know how I ever lived without him.

We pull up out side of our huge High School and park up.

"I'll wait for you after registration" he calls as we walked to our home rooms,

"Ok, what class do we have?" I ask,

"It's your first biology class" he winks before heading inside. I hate biology and I'm terrible at it as well. I'm a lot better at physics and chemistry might as well be its own language. I can't wait to drop them all next year.

I sit down in homeroom and rest my chin on my hand waiting for the next 20 minuets to pass. The teacher that takes me every morning for registration is called Miss Thompson. She is really strict and all ready hates me since I nearly fell asleep in her class on my third day.

The rest of registration drags by before I finally get to leave.

"And don't forget, tomorrow is the last day to bring in your reply forms if you want to go on the Paris trip. So don't forget!" Miss Thompson shouts as we leave the room. Just as he said Ricky was stood outside the room leaning against the wall.

"Heeeey" he smiles, putting his arm around my shoulder

"Hey bae" I giggle. We walk into the science building and head to our classroom. I stand at the front of the class and wait for the teacher like I was told to do in my first class of every subject. Finally a thin woman walks in with tight, red lips pursed together. She has hear grey hair pulled back tightly into a bun on the top of her head.

"Good morning" she sighed. Surely didn't sound like a good morning for her...

"Umm, hi I'm Kendall. This is my first biology class" I bite my lip trying not to laugh at the fact that her face looks like it has been stretched back with a clothes peg.

"Oh yes, my name is Mrs Steward, take any seat available and here's your text book" her face pulls into a smile and it looks like it is about to rip.

"Thanks" I turn to face the class and no one is paying attention to me. Thank god. I see Ricky in the corner waving his arm at me. I take the seat next to him and continue to have a perfectly normal lesson. About half way through the class Mrs Steward says she has an announcement.

"We are going to be starting our 3 month class project next week and I am going to hand out name strips with the names of students on the left hand side of the class, to the students on the right hand side" she starts to walk along the side of the class by the window and holds out a tub filled with slips of paper. Each student takes one and unfolds it before looking around the room and smiling and pointing at their partners for the next 3 months of the school year.

"Now you can go and discuss with your partner what you are going to be basing your projects on" I take a deep breath and wait for my elected partner to approach me. I stare out of the window on the other side of the room and take in the view of the football field, American football field that is, when suddenly a figure blocks my line of sight. I blink a few times and look up at the person in front of me.

"Hey partner" he smiles awkwardly "You're the new girl right?"

"Yeh, I'm Kendall, Kendall Riley" I stand up and shake his already held out hand.

"Cool. Its nice to meet you Kendall Riley, I'm Sam, Sam Pottorff"

"Its nice to meet you too Sam Potter"

"Its Pottorff... with an F" he says drawing the letter F in the air in front of him.

"Sorry, Its nice to meet you Sam Pottorff" I shyly smile, without my teeth of course, and he smiles back before we both take our seats.