-One shot-Jily-

He knew he was loosing her. He saw it on the little things.
The way she wasn't dancing around the house as she swept the floor or she wasn't giving him little kisses as she cooked or even the way he couldn't hear her laugh anymore.
One night, she sat in the dining room and played with her soup, making tiny waves just so she could follow them with her eyes.
When she lifted her eyes, wet and full of redness, his heart broke a little.
-I miss her so much, you know?
-I know babe, I miss her too.
-I was so drunk, she made me sign it. -Lily left out an empty laugh, tears shedding all over her face.
She didn't know he knew about that occasion, but Marlene told him the secret on their wedding day.
-It was a bet. You know, I _loved_ to bet. All the daring and the drinking, it was so exciting... I was drunk James. She made me promise I would accept the next time you asked me on a date. I signed it because I liked you and I liked the daring. -If it weren't for her we wouldn't have this... -she pointed her belly gently,
and he knew she was talking about him and Harry.
It was useless to say anything, so he just let her talk and wiped away her tears when it was to difficult to speak.
-And I loved her. I loved her very much, Jamie... I wish I could tell her that once more, I'd do anything to hear her voice just one more...
She was in pieces. James held her on his arms, her head on his shoulders, sobbing uncontrollably until she fell asleep.
He carried her upstairs, stripped off her uncomfortable clothes so she could sleep a little better. It wouldn't last.
She thought she was being quiet enough when she constantly woke up after a nightmare and cried all night. But James heard her every time, and he was so hurt he could never help her.
-I'm sorry this is happening to us. I swear to you it's gonna be okay. -he whispered as she slept -I love you with all my heart and I will never leave you alone, I promise you.
He stared at her as she slept. It might have been creepy if you think about it, but it was the only moment when she had piece.
James rubbed his fingers around her arm.
-You are beautiful, Lily Potter. -he said, nearly whispering. -She misses you too...