CHAPTER 1 - DAMON

Dear diary.

It's me, Elena. Yesterday Stefan went back to New Orleans again to help Damon. Ever since Dr. Wes did the same thing to Damon as he did to Jessie, Damon has struggled alot. And being the kind and helpful man that he is, Stefan is helping him. Even though Damon isn't my favorite person in the world, I can't help but feel a bit sorry for him. I can't imagine how hard it must be to feed on your own kind. But if anyone can get through it, Damon can. Especially with the help of Stefan Salvatore, my boyfriend.
___________________________

"Caroline, my love?" Klaus is shouting from outside of the quarter. "I'm coming!" Klaus and Caroline is on their way to see Stefan since he now is in town. Caroline hasn't seen Stefan since she agreed to move in with Klaus. Being the protective boyfriend that Klaus is, he has not agreed for Caroline to go see him alone. Klaus has not yet accepted the fact that Caroline once had feelings for Stefan in the past. "Be careful guys, Damon is stronger and more dangerous than ever", Marcel assures the two on their way out. "Oh Marcellus. Lucky for me I am an original. I can't be killed, but I most definately can protect my beautiful Caroline." As Caroline hears this she can't hold back the smile on her lips. Klaus looks at her and repays the smile. Marcel shakes his head knowing that Klaus once again is correct, and sends a smile towards the lovebirds as they walk through the door and out in the beautiful streets of New Orleans.
___________________________

"Damon, are you home?" Stefan shouts from the hallway. Damon's house looks like a castle. It's so white and beautifully bright. When Damon doesn't answer, Stefan pulls off his jacket and walks in to the living room. He can't see Damon anywhere. "Damon? It's me, Stefan", he shouts one more time. Stefan decides to sharpen his hearing, and tries to listen to every single, little sound in the house. First he can only here the sound of a spider crawling across the window. But after a while he suddenly hear Damon breathing heavily from upstairs. Stefan runs upstairs in a hurry, and when he opens Damon's bedroom door, all he can see is Damon covered in blood.
___________________________

"Hi, it's me again. Can you call me as soon as you get this? I'm starting to get worried. Love you." I think this is the fifth message I've left Stefan on his phone. I hope he understands that I'm worried - not annoying. I walk downstairs and open the fridge. I open one of the drawers, and pick up a bloodbag. One of my wedding magazines is lying on the table, so I decide to pick it up and read it while I enjoy some delicious human blood. As I'm flicking through the pages I can't stop smiling. I can't believe I'm gonna marry the man of my dreams. Stefan is perfect. Maybe the doppeltgänger-theory is true after all. After hours of reading the wedding magazine I fall asleep.
___________________________

"What's... happening... to me, brother?" Damon almost whispers quietly. The look on his face could scare anyone. "It's alright. Jesus... What happened?" Stefan says. He is trying to remain calm. "This hunger.. It's too much. I'm not sure if I can live one more day." Damon says while licking some vampire blood from his fingers. "I can't control it, and I'm not sure if I can be helped." Stefan just shakes his head. He refuses to give up on him. "You don't deserve to be given up on. Do you remember giving up on me during my ripper-days?" Stefan says. Damon just shakes his head. "There is got to be a cure for this. It has to be." Stefan mumbles.
___________________________