Chapter 1: Meet Maxine

Maxine's POV

"Max! You forgot your jacket!" mom shouted at me from the house.

" Mom, shhh! you're too loud!" 

I said as I ran back and took the jacket.

"Sorry baby, I'm just a bit nervous for you...  I just can't believe my baby is all grown up." she said as she held back her tears.

"Mom, don't be so dramatic, I'm already seventeen". I replied.

" Still, YOU will always be my little baby!" she exclaimed.

"Okay mom, bye, I'm gonna be late!". I said as I waved goodbye and sat down my bike.

Ever since I was young, I had always been close to my mom.  Its probably because I haven't spent much time with my father. Because of of an unfortunate accident, he died. It happened ten years ago.

Even now, I still get nightmares on the day he died. That vivid memory that lingers solemnly inside my dreams.

The rain was harshly falling that morning. My father was driving me to school. I could also remember his red scarf that mom sewed for him. That windows of the car fogged and I could barely see the figures outside.

Suddenly, I heard the car screeching and father swearing. I couldn't understand what was happening. The car swerved and I felt an overwhelming impact hit my side. I felt the car turn thrice. I remember screaming and blood, my blood.

I heard a voice whisper " I love you" and felt hands pushing me out the vehicle. As I felt the cold and wet road on my skin, a man carried me. Moments before I lost conciousness, I heard a deafening explosion.

My father was a great man. He had been my inspiration to be confident in my pursuit of music. I remember us, singing together out in the front porch while he was strumming beautiful melodies with his precious guitar.

From a young age, I always knew my father wanted to be a musician but he quit his dream because he already had us, a family. Life in the music industry is full of ups and downs. He couldn't take the risk. He wanted to provide for us. He worked diligently as the manager for our town's wallmart. He didn't earn much but it was enough for to get by.

Losing him was truly a tragedy. I remember his funeral full of tears. The worst part was, My father didn't do anything wrong. We we're the ones who was hit by a vehicle. The police says that the driver of the vehicle that hit us  was probably drunk but he was never caught.

After my the loss of my father, my mom and I struggled. Mom found it hard to pay the bills by herself. Fortunately, with aunt Lensy's help, we recovered slowly. We owe a lot to her.

Despite all the challenges I have faced, I stayed positive. I wanted my family to be proud of the woman I would become.

I sighed and my mind went back to the present reality.

As the school's gates came into vieswI let out a big sigh and whispered to myself, "Max, This is it...."

I got off the bike and quickly tied and locked it to the designated area. I was so damn excited. Carrying my bag and dream checklist, I entered the school's entrance and once again said cheerily "This is it!".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hahahahahhaha. I know, I suck.

Mon's POV next chapter (and yeah still intro-ish)

:D hope you liked it :D

BAYIEEEE! ♥ XOXO

-Romskie