Chapter 1.

*Set in 2015*

*Set in 2015*

"Baby, can you hear me? It's Joe. I'm here and I'm not leaving your side,"

Those were the last words Tierra heard before she blacked out. The last 24 hours had been traumatic, to say the least, but Tierra never thought things would have turned out the way they did...

*Flashback to a couple of hours earlier*

"I just feel like you don't have time for me, time for us anymore so I'm doing you a favour by leaving," Tierra admitted, shifting from one foot to the other.

Joe had just arrived home for a week to find Tierra packing her belongings, ready to move out of their shared home located in Tampa that they had lived in for the past year and a half.

"But, I thought you understood what you were getting yourself into before we got together... I...I warned you this might happen but no you insisted it wouldn't and look what you're doing!"

"Well shit happens and things change!" Tierra spat back, her soft curls moving wildly as she motioned her head to the side.

"Don't come at me like it's my fault, you know I love my job and what I do for a living!"

"I'm not saying you don't and I won't make you choose, so like I said I'm doing you a favour by leaving so you don't have to make that decision,"

"But... but I thought we were solid," Joe whispered as he lowered his head.

"I'm sorry I just feel differently, it doesn't mean that I don't love you, I just can't do this anymore," Tierra responded back, chewing on her full bottom lip.

"How long have you been feeling like this?"

"For a long time, I've tried to talk to you on so many occasions but you just change the subject or don't take me seriously. I'm lonely Joe! I want... no, I need you home... But you're never here!" Tierra sighed deeply, finally getting what she had wanted to tell him off her chest.

She took one last look around the bedroom, taking in her surroundings and inhaling deeply before making her way to the front door. Joe was not far behind...

"Isn't there anything I can do to change your mind?" Joe looked on with a frown.

"I'm sorry babe, my minds been made up for a while. I was just waiting for the right moment," Tierra sighed.

"I'll send for the rest of my things at a later date, I left a letter for you on the coffee table in the living room,"

"Okay, fine, if that's how you want it... Fine, go!" Joe said defensively with his arms folded tightly across his chest.

"I really am sorry..."

"Yeah sure you are, that's why you're just walking away from your problems when things get hard," Joe snapped.