Chapter One

Alexandra's P.O.V.

I grabbed my book bag and put it on, grabbing my VacPack and heading outside. The air on this planet was always at the same temperature, so I never bothered to wear anything other than a short sleeved T-shirt and standard jeans.

I took a deep breath as I looked around. My Slime Ranch was never quiet, the creatures here always causing some kind of noise. I did my daily morning routine. I fed the Pink Slimes carrots, which I've done since I first corralled the little balls of joy. I counted the number of Phosphor Slimes to make sure none of them got out while I was gone yesterday, and I made sure I pet every Tabby Slime at least once so they didn't get upset when I leave. I cleaned up the mess the Honey Slimes made when they were jumping around, and I made sure the Music Box in the Boom Slime and Rock Slime corrals were turned on. I harvested the Cuberries and Mint Mango trees and replanted them before heading to the Overgrowth.

While in the Overgrowth, I harvested the Heart Beets, replanted them, and stored the rest in one of the silo storages, along with the Mint Mangos and Cuberries. I mined up the crystals from the Crystal Slimes and tossed them into the ocean. I could see the crystals slowly piling up underwater. I took my VacPack from my back, made sure the water tank was full, and soaked the Rad Slimes with as much water as I could before spending time with them. The Rad Slimes were my most favorite, and they absolutely loved cuddling despite being toxic. I made sure the automatic feeders for each of the slime corrals were full before going into the Grotto.

The Grotto was where I was going to keep the Quantum Slimes once I got some. I already had a corral set up, and I had a Pool of Puddle Slime's near the entrance. Hen Hens, Roostros, and Chicks clucked while they walked around in their coop, and I harvested the Oca Ocas and Odd Onions, replanting one of each and putting the rest in my book bag.

I went to the Lab, checking to make sure none of the Slimes in the main area didn't get out as I passed the corrals.

The life of a Slime Rancher isn't easy. Especially when I'm alone.