Chapter 2

I walked down the sidewalk, heading towards the coffee house that I visit every so often. Grinning to myself, I could see the brightly colored overhang that marked the outside seating area of the coffee shop. I quickly tucked my phone into my purse and jogged up to the store front. Kion was already seated looking at the menu as I walked up to him.

"Hey," I said pulling out a chair.

He looked up at me and grinned.

"Hey, long time no see," he replied, setting down the menu.

I sat across from him and looked over the menu. Two other chairs pulled out on either side of me and I turned to see Liam and Aidan sitting beside me.

"Surprise!" Aidan grinned as he high fived Kion.

"It has been a while," Liam stated softly as he looked to me.

I nodded in agreement and moved out of the way as the waiter set down a tray of steaming coffee mugs.

"So what have you three been up to for the last five years?" I asked, picking up my steaming coffee with both hands. I took a tiny sip before placing it back down.

"I have been working with kids," Liam said.

"You work at a day care? Somehow I cannot see that," I reply looking at him.

"No, I work at an elementary school. I am a substitute teacher for the time being," Liam replied quietly, brushing aside his dark bangs.

"And I work in a game store. Selling the best invention in the history of human kind," Aidan adds in smiling happily.

"Now that I can see," I sigh. I look across the table to Kion.

"I'm a lawyer," he said not even budging to give more of an input other than that.

"You always were the one who was a stickler for the rules. Obviously, that hasn't changed," I joked.

Liam and Aidan laugh in agreement.

"We don't even need to ask what you have been up too, Miss Writer," Kion laughs, changing the subject.

"You haven't changed since high school," Aidan says grinning.

"Hey, it is a lot harder than you would think," I protested.

They all laugh.

It feels good to laugh like this. It has been a long time since I have been able to enjoy myself like this. I thought. Smiling softly, I leaned my chin onto my hand and watched as the boys joked around with each other. Everyone has grown so much, their totally different since then. In a good way, of course.

"Kailyn, KAILYN. Earth to Kailyn!" Aidan says, waving his hand in front of my face.

"Huh? What?" I asked.

"Kion was asking you a question," he replied.

"I was asking if you could have dinner with me and my family later. My parents haven't seen you in years and they have been asking about you," Kion stated looking at me.

"Sure?" I replied uncertainly.

"Great. I'll pick you up around 6, then," Kion stated, standing up from the table. "You can text me your address when you get the chance." And with that, he laid some money down on the table and walked away.

Liam and Aidan soon followed after him, pushing in their chairs and leaving their share of the bill on the table.

"Well, see you later, Kailyn! Got to get back to work," Liam said.