Chapter 16

(Other perspective)
The dust from the sphere slowly floated into the air. Slowly floating over to Sydney, and breathed in. Gradually more and more of the sphere broke off into dust. Then breathed in by Sydney as if it was some form of oxygen. Till it stopped and a quarter of the sphere was gone.

Zane POV
Opening my eyes to a dark and cloudy morning. Lifting my head up from the bed I looked up at Syd still fast asleep. Pulling the blanket off of me and putting it on the bed. Going over to Syd I rubbed my hand across her head. She looked peaceful as she smiled after I rubbed her. Walking out of the room cautiously not to wake her. To find Laurace awake still in the same position as last night. Looking up at me, "Zane." Laurance said. "Laurance are they okay?" I asked. "Zoey said Garroth will be allowed to leave in a day or so. Vylad though after the attack he would have probably died if Jane hadn't closed the opening." Laurence responded. "I'm just glad they're okay." I said. "How is she?" Laurence said. "She's okay I think she's sleeping right now." I said. "She needs all the rest she can get." Laurence said. "Laurence have you ever seen this before." I said pulling out the shard from my pocket. "I've only seen it once in the nether, but all I've heard about it possibly being a relic of Shads." Laurence said.

Abruptly the stairs squeaked as someone came down the stairs. Looking over to see Jane standing on the last step. "Lord Aphmau wishes to speak with you." Jane said. Leaving Laurence me and Jane went up stairs to kitchen. Aphmau sat at the table alone with a kettle and four three cups. Sitting down in front of her at the table. "Zane over the past five years you've hidden from everyone no one has seen. Then you return when Scaleswind is attacked by the Shadow Lord. Why now come back now?" Aphmau asked. "Over the five years I have been finding the tactics of the attacks by the Shadow Lord. Once I had learned the places and when he would attack them. I had traveled to those villages and stayed there till the attack ended." I said. "So do you know when they will attack Bright Port." Jane said. "No they had already attacked it." I said. "Wait what do you mean by already attacked?" Aphmau said. "Bright Port was attacked at the same time Phenoix Drop was attacked." I said. "How was that possible?" Jane asked. Abruptly Zoey came up the stairs from the basement."Aphmau Sydney is awake, and wishes to speak to someone." Zoey said. "You can go ahead and go Jane." I said. Jane nodded in agreement and followed Zoey down stairs.

Jane POV
Going down the stairs to the basement. I entered the room Sydney was staying in. Sydney was sitting up right off the side of the bed. Hearing me walk into the room she smiled at me. "Jane I remember." Syd said. "What do you remember?" I asked sitting in the chair in front of her. "I remember what has happened over the five years ;however, it's still a bit blurry." Syd said. "Syd that's great." I said. "Shad has been attacking the villages, and taking the people that are pass Shadow Knights or powerful people. Jane he's forming an army of Shadow Knights to take over Ru'uan region. And with the people only starting to gain back there strength he's going to send his fleets of Knights across the region." Syd said. "Syd how can any of this happen?" I asked. "He's coming...he knows my powers. He's coming for them to do what he wanted to do years ago." Syd said. "Syd you must have dreamed about this you should get back to sleep." I said. "It is true he is coming." Syd said. Putting Syd back down on the bed, and closing her eyes. Syd feel back asleep quickly, with no struggle of doing so. "They've done so much to you there. And your only still healing from a second wave." I said. "Jane." Syd whispered. "I won't leave you Syd." Jane said. The door creaked open looking behind me. To see Zane in the doorway, "Is she okay?" Zane asked. "She's okay just had a bad dream." I said. "Are you going to stay here?" Zane asked. "Yeah, how about you and I take shifts in here to keep her calm if she wakes." I said. "That sounds good I'll be back later on today." Zane said. "Right you stay safe I'll see you tonight." I said. Zane then closed the door quietly. Looking back at Syd fast asleep once again. Dozing off in the chair watching her.