Rain

Drip Drop Drip Drop... in my peripheral I could see the black casket being carried down the dark path between the rows of chairs. Drip drop drip drop. I stared at the hand resting in my lap, tracing the lines of my palms with my eyes. Drip drop drip drop. Picking the dirt from under my fingernails. Drip drop drip drop. I let my gaze slip and caught a glance of his pale face, covered in powder. Drip drop drip drop. No I couldn't look, couldn't accept the fact that... Drip drop drip drop. My eyes stared directly at the light, making black spots dance across my vision. Drip drop drip drop. The noise was grating on my sanity, my mind, my body. I couldn't let the memory come back, couldn't think about that pleading look in his eyes...

No. I held the cardigan over my head. I couldn't let it touch me. Drip drop drip drop. I felt it on my hands. Drip Drop. Something was rested beside me. An umbrella. Drip.. And finally I was free, the big scary thoughts once again locked up tight in the cage where I kept them. I wouldn't let them roam again. If I did, the fragile egg that was my sanity might crack.

The priest spoke in his monotone boring voice which had drowned out to a white noise not long ago. He stood over that casket I hated so much. It was a reminder of that bit of sadness and darkness inside of me. The one thing that held me back, like a scar around my neck from where a chain once choked me. I closed my eyes and if I concentrated just enough, it was like we were sitting outside on the porch during a rainy day, watching the grey clouds move lazily across the sky. Laughing as the rain soaked our hair and clothes. My one wish was to stay in that moment forever...."Thea! Stand up!" I snapped out of that wonderful daydream and was plunged into the icy waters of reality. I saw everyone bowing their heads and murmuring unintelligible words. I realized we were praying for his soul.

______________________

"Hey Thea?."
"Yeah?"
"What do you think happens after you die. I guess I've been thinking about it lately. "
"I don't know Miran. Maybe our souls move onto a different body."
"Maybe."

A/N - Hey everyone! I very much hope you enjoyed this chapter. I'm planning on updating this semi regularly (about every week) so it would be great if you added it to your library.