The Move

"Sam! Come on, its time to get moving!'" called her mother. "I'm coming mom!'' replied Sam. Sam is a 18 year old girl who loved to make friends and sing. She was going to miss Kansas but their was nothing here for her. She has searched for 2 years for her mate but hasn't found him. She hears all kinds of stories of how others found their mates, and she longed to find hers so she can cherish, and love him no matter what. Sam has no siblings, its only be mom and dad for 18 years. Her father Rick Knight has gotten a promotion at Suit King. Sam and her family are traveling from Kansas to Tennessee and joining the Midnight Pack. Sam quickly runs downstairs with her last bag that holds everything she thinks she needs for the long trip and rushes into the car. "Well, you seem excited. Mind telling me why?" asked her father. Sam smiles and looks up at him and says "I might find my mate dad, and i cant wait to find him." Her father just chuckled as he shut her car door and got into the drivers seat. " You know I was like that. I was dying to find my mate. I was so happy I got gifted with your mother." He says smiling as he looks over at his wife as she gets into the passenger seat. " All in all done?" she asks. "Yes momma"replied Sam. Finally they started the long trip.

After a 10 hour trip they finally made it. Sam was so excited she couldn't sit still in her seat. Then something strong hit her nose. It smelled of pinewood and chocolate. She couldn't help but smile, then her wolf yelled "MATE!" Sam chuckles and says "Easy Kristy, we don't wanna scare our mate, now do we?" She says in her head and waits for a reply. "No we don't but i cant wait!" Sam just smiles at her reply and waits for the car to stop. Suddenly she wished it didn't because here he was right beside her car door waiting.

Sam slowly gets out of the car and smiles. "Hello" she says and he just stares at her, doesn't even say anything back. She nervously bit her lip and began to walk away when she heard "mine." Before she knew what was going on he had her pinned to a wall and kissed her. She was shocked at first but kissed him back. They started kissing more, this went on for about a good 5 minutes when she heard a loud scream and jumped seeing an angry girl standing behind him. He slowly sets her down and growls, " I told u to stay inside Alice." The girl looks at him and replies back "I got tired of waiting, so i came out looking for you then found u making out with some little bitch that wasn't even your girlfriend." She jumps when Sam growls and starts making her way towards Alice. " Oh, I'm sorry. I'm Sam and I just found out he is my mate" Sam replied then ran off. Alice looked down in shame. "Alpha I'm sorry, I didn't know." Alice says but was hurt when he walked away and went after Sam.

"Wait Sam!" he calls out as he gets right behind her. To his surprise she stopped and had noticed she was crying. "Sam, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. She's nothing to me. " Sam just looks up at him and says" who are you?" He sighs and leans against a tree and replies " I am Derek, Alpha of the Midnight pack. I'm 20 and yes you are my mate. Honestly, I never wanted a mate but when I saw u from the window I had to see you. I'm sorry for my rudeness Sam." He looks at her waiting for a response and all she does is nods her head and looks at him as she slowly walks over to him. "I forgive u, and I'm sorry about snapping at her." Derek just chuckles and pulls her close and kisses her gently.