How I Met them

'Come out of your room Angel i need your help'
my mother was shouting at the top of her lungs could hear her even through the head phones blasting Mj.
'Coming Ma'
I ran downstairs and almost tripped on my brothers roller skates uhg! I hate him so much I was mumbling to myself when I saw my mother a pretty brunette with deep blue eyes and starting right at me she still looks so young she had me when she was still in her teens but my dad was always supportive of her until two years back.
He was an army officer who was missing since the avalanche took place at that time while he was on duty we haven't heard from him since we don't know if he is still alive or..
everyone had lost hope except my mother she still thinks he is out there somewhere and he'll come back.I wish he did.It has been really hard for us but now it's just hope like a candle you never know when it'll burn out but it still gives you light.
My mother has been working day and night just to be there to support us.
'ANGEL I'm talking to you! Stop day dreaming and help me move the couches we have guests coming over'
As I snap out of my thoughts I realise my mother hasnt been this excited about anything since dad went missing she had one of her closest high school friend Alex and his twin daughters Nina and Jenna coming home my mother hasn't been with friends or to say the least with people and had a good time.
She feels guilty of not stopping dad that day.
I did meet Alex once he was a widower and a great person but I'd never met his daughters I don't know how they'd be like ? Alex's partner James had also passed away last year and they moved into our town this week and he thought it would be nice to help cope each other and share the grief together and also catch up on their high school days.
As I set the last plate on the table the bell rings.
My brother runs to open the door and greets Alex.
I look over Alex's shoulder and see the two twins.