CHAPTER 1

I kept my head down and walked straight, bumping into other students in the process, but I don't care. My black hoodie hung over my head obstructing their view, and therefore created the start of a ridiculous gossip that a drug-addicted freak enrolled herself in Norsagenia High. I smirked to myself and made my way to Trig class.

I paused right outside the door, took a breath and slammed the door open with as much force as I could muster. Head still down, I walked and eventually stopped dead in my tracks standing still, facing the whole class. I pulled my hoodie back, lifted my head and pushed my blonde locks aside.

I looked them in the eye. Each and everyone of them, I scanned through. Until I found my desired six - Connor, Paul, Dominic and the twin sisters, Skye and Sinclair. How unfortunate for them, I thought.

"I'm Poppy". I said with a sinister smile.

The class gasped and whispers erupted whilst I remain rooted to my spot staring blankly into space, keeping silent. On the other hand, the lecturer was new so she's definitely oblivious to secrets of this school. I broke out of my trance and zeroed in on Connor's tightly clenched fist, slightly trembling as he glared at me. Sinclair, the weakest and most vulnerable of the group shrieked and clutched her sister as though her pathetic life depended on it. Beads of sweat were visible on her forehead and her face drained of all colour. Tears formed in her glassy eyes which held horror.

I walked to her table, but before I could reach her, Paul blocked me with his massive frame.

"Back the hell off and go back to where you came from", he sneered. I tilted my head and studied him.

"I nearly went to heaven, but I decided to come back. Do you like the forest? They're pretty at night. I like the fallen logs with sharp splintered wood, but they're dangerous.." I whispered.

Paul paled and grabbed my arms roughly, pushing me backwards with the impact.

"Just who the heck are you? Answer me!" Paul boomed. I looked at him sadly and pointed my fingers behind him.

"Look, Sinclair's dying because she's scared". I replied.

That's when all hell broke loose. Skye screamed for students to call 911. Dominic was shaking Sinclair's limp body attempting to perform CPR.

"Idiots", I thought.

Paul stood motionless and Connor was nowhere to be found. The lecturer was at lost as she panicked and called for the nurse. I walked out of the classroom to locate the toilet, but was suddenly pulled into a dark room. I felt bile rise up to my throat but I learnt to stay calm and put on a blank face.

"Who are you? How did you come back?" Connor growled out.

I smiled and reached out to caress his face.

"I'm Poppy, and I remember."

"Remember what?" he asked breathlessly, his hand holding onto mine that was placed on his face.

I giggled softly. "How I was killed".

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hello dear readers,

This is my first attempt writing a mystery story. If you have enjoyed it so far, leave a comment or a message so my lazy bum will feel motivated to write. JK <3 If you guys have any ideas and want me to include in the story for the upcoming chapters, you are most welcome to drop in a pm and I'll see what I can do with this measly brain of mine.

Peace out