Chapter One

All in one moment. Everything can change. Things in your life could be going the best they've ever gone. One second, you feel like you're on top of the world; like nothing can touch you. Then in the blink of an eye, everything starts falling apart. That's what happened to me, and it all happened in four months.

"Zayn, you better call me every oppurtunity you get!" My girlfriend of a year Perrie scolded me. We were stood in the airport, awaiting my flight to board. I was going to spend my Summer in Miami, Florida with my four best friends, Harry, Liam, Louis and Niall. I nodded, running my fingers through her slightly course platinum blonde hair. She dyed it so much it became brittle and thin. I kissed her lips, and looked her straight in those icy blue eyes. "I will do my best." I informed her, well with time zones and what not. She was five hours ahead of me, this wasn't going to be the easiest thing. However for her, I'll try.

"You know, I don't particularly trust those American girls." Perrie said. I made a face at her, as she was pouting. "Perrie,"

"Just tell me you only have eyes for me."

"I only have eyes for you." I kissed her lips once more. There was a tap on my shoulder that properly gave me a scare. Standing there was my blonde mate, Niall. "We'd better get going, we don't want to miss our flight." He gestured back with his thumb to wear all the others guys were standing with their carry on bags. Perrie was standing there with a disapproving look on her face. Her arms crossed against her chest, and her eyebrow raised.

"We're obviously having our farewells Niall." Perrie said as if it wasn't the most obvious thing. "I obviously don't care Perrie." I interjected before things got heated, the only fan of Perrie was my mother, and that's because that was the first lady I've been in a relationship with that I had brought back to meet my mother. "I'll be there in a minute." I said to Niall who was still fixated on giving my girlfriend a filthy look. He eventually broke his glare and walked back toward the guys.

"It's best if I go." I say, carressing Perrie's upper arm. I can tell she was grinding her teeth together, which is something she often did when she was irritated. "Will you visit me?" Perrie asked with a sliver of hope. She already knew the answer. We've discussed this plentiful times. She knew I wouldn't come visit her. It's a mancation. Why would I go back to visit the place I wanted to take a break from. With the palm of my hand I caressed her cheek, a tear hit my hand. "Perrie. Please.." I said. She sighed.

"Please what? Please don't cry? Please don't show that I'm going to miss you while you're off in America with the boys doing God knows what?"

"You can trust me." I said, wiping her tears with my thumbs, reflective to windshield wipers on a rainy day.

"Those are merely just words."

"Do you really not trust me?" I said confused looking her in the eyes. "I trust you, I just don't trust those trollops out there."

Thankfully, my flight was being called out to board. "Perrie, I really have to go." Perrie said nothing she just crossed her arms tight. "I love you." I kissed her on the lips. It felt as though I was kissing a dead fish, she put no effort in on her end. "Please don't be pissed, not now."

"You better catch your flight. Jade is waiting out in the carpark for me." She forced a smile, and quickly kissed my lips. "I love you."

"I'll call you when we get to the beach home." Perrie nodded, brushing away a tear. I kissed her on the top of her head, getting one last whiff of her hair that smelt cotton candy, courtesy of her shampoo. Without one last goodbye, Perrie turned on the heels of her open toe shoes and walked toward the exit. Not looking back once.

"Do you guys need anything?" Our stewardess asked with a fake toothy smile. We have been airbound for two hours, and I just wanted to sleep; she had other plans. She just continued harrassing us, checking if we had any needs. Yes, this was the description of her job, but I was annoyed, and tiresome. "No." I said, crossing my arms and looking at the old western movie playing on the seat in front of me's attached screen. I didn't bother changing it. "What do you got?" Niall asked, leaning past Liam who was listening to music on his phone.