UN | avant

DEAR JIMIN,

Maybe the truth is in your laugh — a jocular melody in pure staccato. With every waggish occurrence, the jests and the wits, you no longer hid behind your firm facade. And, oh, how your ludicrous cries would tear through all, slicing through my paper-mâché skin until I was only some kindergartener's mottled arts-and-crafts project forsaken on the cold linoleum ground. What was once so avant-garde in the youthful eyes of my creator is now plastered with the pattern of children's size sixes and a viscid layer of dirt. I lay forgotten.

Did you know that you were the one who did this to me?

Your laugh did this to me.

Yet I would still let it tear my flesh into fragments of confetti — make them blue, your favorite color — and once I've finally eroded into nothing, you could toss them around at my funeral. Burry my casket with the elusive specks of me.

And it would be just fine, as long as I could hear the strumming and drumming of your larynx one last time.

Because your vocal cords were made from the harps of angel's and your voice would preach of sins. You were never really that good for me.

But you were never really that bad either.

( Maybe that's why I love you. )

ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤLove,
ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤTAEHYUNG

+ poetic taehyung IS a concept