Oban Star Racers: Torn

Eva Wei sat on the edge of the terrace on the Earth Module kicking her feet against the aged stone. Right now she was seriously conflicted about how to go on with her life. Her father still didn't know she was his daughter and Aikka was on thin ice with Kross, Eva didn't know where to turn right now. To the life she could rebuild or to the life she'd built during the race as Molly, friends vs. family... enjoyment vs. importance? Eva sighed standing knowing there was only one way to settle her mind: music. Eva fetched her guitar from the makeshift room she shared with Jordan (Who was busy fixing the guns after the last race (*cough* Ondi *cough*). Setis said this was a time of rest and that the next race wouldn't occur for a few days. Eva used the portal to go into the Temple wanting time to think her situation over. Speaking of those that desired time to think... Aikka walked into the Temple trying to clear his head of the painful thoughts involving Eva and the Crogs, he sighed rubbing his temples. Eva pulled her guitar out and strung every chord in order to warm up and tune her guitar. she sighed drifting into her memories: "You two have made me the happiest man alive." Maya laughed and hugged Eva while Don began to cry happy to be with his family; Eva giggled hugging them both. Later Don tucked her in though he didn't know she was awake; Eva smiled to herself. "Sleep my little princess." Don said kissing her head, the next day they went to the park and got ice cream. Eva began to sing, "I thought I saw a man brought to life... he was warm he came around like he was dignified. He showed me what it was to cry..." "Daddy!" Eva cried running to the car window, Don sighed and looked down at her, "Daddy can't take care of you now he's too busy." He drove away, "Don't leave me too daddy..." Eva sobbed as the rain poured down... "You couldn't be that man I adore... You don't seem to know; seem to care what your heart is for. But I don't know him anymore!" "Spit it out we haven't got all day!" Don said irritated by the teen in front of him, "I'm... I'm... Molly!" Eva stuttered unable to believe he didn't remember her face... "There's nothing where he used to lie; my conversation has run dry!" "Young lady you are nothing but a surprise...! "That's what's going on! Nothing's fine; I'm torn! I'm all out of faith; this is how I feel! I am cold and I am shamed lying naked on the floor! Illusion never changed into something real! I'm wide-awake and I see the perfect sky is torn! You're a little late! I'm already torn!" "I have a daughter back on earth that is about your age Molly, I may have transferred problems I have with her onto you..." Eva sputtered feeling the words cut deep. 'Dang it I'm right in front of you dad!' She though angrily... Aikka walked toward the magical voice and despite it expressing pain he wanted to find its owner; he wondered what had caused the owner conflict. He picked up his pace as Eva began to sing the next verse, "So I guess the fortune teller's right... Should have seen just what was there and not some holy light!" "Daddy!" Eva said jumping into his arms. Eva now stood ten years after that day looking at Don Wei the aloof, cold manager of Wei Racing... "To crawl beneath my skin and now... I don't care; I have no luck! I don't miss it all that much! There are so many things that I can't touch... I'm torn" Aikka watched Eva crawl free of the disabled racer, he looked down hurt in his eyes, "I thought humans had honour now I see that they have none." He turned G'dar away toward the exit of the track having already won the race. Eva felt tears sting her eyes at his words. "Prince wait!" she cried after him as he flew away... "Please not you too..." "I'm all out of faith; this is how I feel! I am cold and I am shamed lying naked on the floor! Illusion never changed into something real! I'm wide- awake and I can that the perfect sky is torn! You're a little late; I'm already torn... torn..." "I am not mad at you Molly." Aikka said bowing to her, Eva smiled happily outside, but inside she wanted to cry because now he listened! Now after all the cold shoulder he gave her on Alwas even if he won against Spirit! 'Ugh!' she thought sadly, 'you already rejected me Aikka... back on Alwas after out race...' Aikka heard the verse and felt saddened about how he'd acted toward Molly on Alwas after the disastrous end to their clean race. Jordan was to blame though he had hurt her badly by refusing her explanation for the ending of that particular race. He walked wanting to find the owner of the voice, Eva continued on unaware she had an admirer. "There's nothing where he used to lie; my inspiration has run dry! That's what's going on; nothing's fine I'm torn!" "Why does the universe hate me; haven't I suffered enough?!" Eva said tears streaming down her cheeks as she remembered what her father had said and how he'd cost her Aikka's friendship. "Why me? Why? Isn't losing my mother enough?" she sobbed seemingly unaware that Aikka and Canaan were below her window listening. boy did that hit hard for the Nourasians. "Why...? Why do I have to suffer alone?" Eva sniffled hugging Snuffles the dog her mother made for her from scratch. The Nourasians began to walk away when her soft sob stopped them cold, "I just want my dad back... after so long... I didn't almost die racing to watch him slip away again... I love him even if he neglected me for 10 years... I just want that wrong to be made right... it's the real reason I race..." Eva had known that her former friend and his fencing master were there and didn't care what they heard about how her life had gone horribly wrong after her mother died... Aikka walked faster toward the score pond where the voice was coming from. Eva let the tears fall feeling helpless like she had ten years ago when her father left her at the Stern Boarding School. "I'm all out of faith; this is how I feel... I am cold and I am shamed lying naked on the floor... Illusion never changed into something real! I'm wide-awake and I can see that the perfect sky is torn... I'm all out of faith; this is how I feel... I'm cold and I am ashamed bound and broken on the floor... You're a little late... I'm already torn..." Eva began to sob as Aikka came around the bend. he saw Molly and felt very sad because he hated seeing her hurting in any way. Canaan came running down the hill much too fast to stop before he hit Aikka who was standing looking down at the girl he loved crying beneath a red tree. they ended up lying on the grass before Molly. "Gravity wins this round," she said wiping her eyes. they looked at her confused and saddened by her red eyes. "Molly?" Aikka said cautiously not wanting to make it worse. "Yes my life is messed up because my mother died when I was five racing Spirit. yes my dad left me alone and neglected me for 10 years strait. Yes I am Don's daughter Eva, yes I suffer alone and feel conflicted about my life. Any other questions?" this was not like her to be able to get so much from a simple calling of her name. Canaan sat up and eyed her sadly. This girl truly was torn inside by her childhood tragedy and by the fact of her father being blind to her being before him here on Oban and back on Alwas. the lack of a friend at the end of the pre-selections had caused the wound to be re-opened. Aikka realized he'd rubbed salt in the wound by being cold towards her when she was about to admit she loved him. life was a mess when it came to Eva for her it was one heartbreak after another...