Unscarred

• Dedicated to The boy who broke my heart

I wake to the too-bright sunlight peaking through the curtains of my bedroom window. I've never understood how it always had perfect aim to hit my eyes just right and wake me when I'm dreaming. Dreaming of the life of a loner. Which makes me not mind waking up.

I sit up in my bed, the purple sheets and blankets twisted in every way possible. I always moved too much in my sleep. I glance around the room. The walls are white and covered in Sharpie marker. I'd drawn and written important dates in my life. Let's start with the first date. My birthday. My parents, Anthony and Willa Carnell had me on October 13, 2003. They were blessed with a son, too. That's my brother, Roger. We'll talk about him later.

Before I was born, my parents were very happy with just having their son and were just as excited to have me. But it all changed. "Your child you bare, lest it not mine, it shall be cursed, never to look devine. Your child, scars all along her, her eyes change color, and her skin blurred. She shall never love, this is how it shall be, but for if she does, beauty she will ever see." Yep. Words of my life. I'm a freak is really all it means. Born with very pale skin, color changing eyes, scars all over me. Yep. That's who I am.

Okay, I have alot to explain. But where do I start? A warlock was in love with my mother ever since he was in high school with her. He stalked her but Willa married. He cursed me when his love and the man he hated were going to have their second child.

Now in the future, my parents are dead and I live with my brother. I'm now fifteen. My brother, twenty. He takes care of me, I guess. Takes me to my super exclusive school. I ride my bike to work from there. Then I ride home from there, loads of homework on my back.

You may be surprised that I actually go out in public, but you would be even more surprised by how few people care. I'm just another student, another worker, another girl. I'm treated well I would say. I'm alive, aren't I?

I slide out of bed and go over to my closet. I pull out my uniform. A prep school girl's uniform, I thought. I'd always thought the uniforms were ridiculous. A white button-down shirt, A mini-tie striped red and navy, a grey vest, and a plaid red and navy skirt that fell above our knees. No wonder most of the guys there are such perverts.

I took a shower and dried my pure black hair. My scars weren't terribly noticeable and my skin not so pale. I wasn't that hideous but it was pretty bad. I let out a sigh and went to my room. I put on the uniform and slid my feet into a pair of Converse. It was fortunate that we were able to wear any type of shoe we wanted. Other than flip flops. Converse were my shoes.

Roger, my brother, was already up and waiting on me. I carried my book-bag to the car and we were gone in moments.

He drove me to school, Arrowhead High School. I got out of the car and went inside. People were used to seeing me there so it wasn't so shocking. I walked quickly to my locker, grabbed my books and went to homeroom.

But the devil stood in my way. Casey Lower is the Gossip Queen, the Barbie Doll, the Popular Girl, and my bully. Casey did her usual bit. Pushing her books out of my hands and laughing with her other Dolls.

I just picked them up. Her usual comment/snear/whatever she wanted and then she walked off. I walked to homeroom, finally in the clear.

My school days are long and boring. I usually look forward to work after school although I have one of the simplest and stupidest jobs ever to exist.

I was able to see my best friend. My only friend. Jessie Burk. The final bell rang and I nearly ran to work. I got to the community park. Yes, the community park is where I work. But it has a sports teams and a lot of visitors. Its more like a fair.