Pre-Game

Mady's POV

It was the second quarter and we were down 2 points, the score was 18-20. My name is Mady Anderson and I am a freshman on the JV basketball team.I have been playing basketball for 6 years and my brother plays also, he is a senior. Our basketball team is 6-2 we have won six games and lost two, if we lose this game we will be 6-3. So far our season is doing pretty well but we still have 5 more games. Tonight I have scored 6 points. Alexis has the ball at the top of the three point line, she is about to run the play where Natalie gets the ball and goes in for the lay up. So Alexis dribbles the ball passes it to Alysa and she passes it to Natalie. Natalie goes in for the the lay up and makes the lay up. "Yes" she shouts loudly as the basketball goes in the hoop. There is about 3 minutes left in the third quarter and coach puts me in for Alexis as point guard and the score is 20-20. The other team has the ball and I am playing defense really tight and she dribbles to the left then crosses over then dribbles right I shuffle....shuffle... shuffle and poke at the ball and she finally loses control of the ball, I swoop in and steal the ball right from her and go in for a lay up but right as I go up I get pounded in the face by the girl that comes up behind me. I get a foul and shoot two foul shots, dribble.. dribble... dribble... shoot! I made the first foul shot and dribble... dribble... shoot!and I missed the second shot and feel bad because i missed the second one. Now there is a short time out and coach said to do better next time I get a foul. After the 3rd quarter the 4th quarter is starting and the score is now 24-24 after 6 minutes went by there was 10 seconds left in the game and I went in for Alysa this time and me and Alexis traded positions on the floor she was wing and I am now point guard. 10...9...8...7...6..5..4... Natalie got the ball and passed it to me then I was far outside he three point line, I shot the ball then whoosh! It went In and we won the game. After the game I heard a voice calling out to me, It was my dad he came up to ma and said "Mady you did horrible today, missed all your lay ups and foul shots!!" He screamed in my face and I could not believe he said that to me. I could feel the tears fill to my eye but I heard Alexis call my name " Hey Mady you did amazing today and got a buzzer beater. See you tomorrow??" Yeah I replied to her. As soon as she walked away she smiled, and I smiled right back at her.

Sorry if a lot of my chapters are short I will probably just have a lot of chapters but hope you guys enjoy this book, and sorry if I don't update it a lot. BYE!!!!