The prophecy

/* Authors Note:
Hey guys this is my first ever work here in wattpad so go easy on me!! I'm not an author note person but I would love to interact with my readers through comments! Comment your opinions on the story, characters and if I've made any mistakes please point it out to me kindly. If you like any of the chapters in my Romantic Fantasy, please don't hesitate to vote! Enjoy!!! */

     Repetition of a noise. It's one of the hardest annoyances to suffer through, yet somehow I was doing just that. Irritability was rising with each click of the professor's ink pen. He was a short, fat old man that had the capability of putting even the most restless people asleep with his ceaseless lectures.

      "Our ancestors, the Nighters, witnessed the birth of the magnificent planet the humans call 'Earth'. It is our very purpose to protect it from the dark creatures that had once infested it. These creatures were mainly monsters and demons of various sizes. Although they have been wiped out, we learn about these creatures in historical myths of the human civilization.," Mr. Nytil boasted pridefully as he looked at all the young males and females that would one day uphold our beloved species and continue defending the earth and its people.

       "The Night keepers enter into the human world through a portal known as Luna. The portal was named after the moon on Earth and it opens every time the three moons of Night is in alignment. The humans are unable to find the Kingdom of Night, as we are of a higher dimension, and the humans, being part of a three dimensional world, can not see beyond their own dimension.The Luna is invisible to human eyes just as we are unless we want to show them. Though it is against the law to carry such an act out."

      The professor was wise for his years. Mr. Nytil used to be my mothers tutor and had educated her in all fields that was necessary as a Nighter, and royal, to learn. He had then left the palace way before I was born, tired of the same old routine and came out to teach a wider audience. Boredom was crawling around in my head in dazed circles as Mr. Nytil lectured about history that I was more than familiar with. Maybe even more familiar with than even him.

      As the next ruling heir of my land, I was educated in depth about the history of my kingdom, but it was nice to see all the younger night keepers with their eager ears perked and straining to listen to every word being etched forever in their memory. Unlike humans, we use eighty percent of our brains, which provides us with many skills, one of them being the ability to save moments into our memory instantly as opposed to using more mundane means, such as documenting.

      Abruptly I was brought back into the classroom from my thoughts when I heard my name being called. Thirty curious eyes were staring at me in awe and wonder. With haste, I stood and walked gallantly across the room, where Mr. Nytil stood leaning against his desk nonchalantly.

      "Good evening everyone," I squeak out, My voice cracking a little. I quickly cleared my throat and licked my dry lips before standing up a little straighter. "I know all of you are curious as to why I stand before you today. I wish to inform you that the royal family is conducting a night duel two weeks from today. All night keeper juniors may participate and demonstrate their skills and abilities. One of you fine juniors will have the opportunity to impress the royal family, earning a direct entry to the Royal Night Keeper Academy. I wish you all the very best of luck." I finished with a genuine smile on my face as I appraised these brave juniors.

      With a quick nod to the professor, I made my way off the stage. The room erupted with excited whispers before I managed to make it to the last step of the stage. They grew louder as I found my way to the door. Two of my personal guards flanked me as I walked briskly down the corridor.

     "Y-Your majesty!" The professor called as he appeared by my side out of breath. "It was a great honour to be blessed with your presence tonight. I hope you found interest in my lecture. I am very thankful that the king and queen let you visit the students today and encourage them even after the Norms predicted your prophecy," He rambled on, breathless with excitement. I stopped in my tracks and whipped to the side to face him.

What prophecy?

     Before I could put my confused thoughts into coherent words, the night guards were already separating a red faced professor away from me. One of the guards quickly laid a large hand on my small shoulder, causing my world to come to a spontaneous stop. My version blurred in series of vibrant blues and greens before I found myself standing in the throne room with the king and queen staring at us in confusion.

     "Would the guards care to explain why I was teleported when there was no sign of danger?," I said gritting through my teeth.

     "Code black, my king," he said, answering their expressions and not my obvious question.

      "What is code black?!," I protest, demanding an answer. All were silent and the king and queen just glanced at each other. I do not like when they do this at situations as these. The royal blood is unique in the sense that they can telepathically talk to their partner after marriage and furthermore after they mate for the first time.

      "You are not to demand any answers. You will receive the knowledge of this when the time serves correct. You may now return, " the king said in an authoritative tone. No one can talk back to the rulers of the kingdom not even their children can be opposed to their choices. I pouted and slammed the door behind me as I dashed out. I could almost hear them telepathically sighing and blaming each other for spoiling their own daughter.