Chapter Twenty:

Aidan's P.O.V:

I have been hearing about all of the killings and knew the time could come that I would be getting out of this hell hole but I never thought it would be today. Today I got word that the killer had finally slipped up and made a mistake, sadly the killer killed Mary and while doing so they used their truck to do so. Well each truck has it's own special tire mark.

I know who are left out of the suspects and the three all have access to a truck one way or another. Sam uses her dad's truck all of the time, Josh drives my old truck, and Lucas has his own truck. The cops won't tell me who it is yet but I will get to face the mother fucker and ask why the let me take the fall three years ago.

A cop walks up to my cell and says, “ Aidan it is time to go.”

I tell my cellmates bye and they nod. I walk out and follow the cop to where I will be changing my clothes. He hands me my clothes and walks away I put them on and comb my hair. I knock on the door letting the cop know that I am done changing.

He walks back in and has me follow him to the cop car. He lets me get in the passenger side seat. When he gets in he lets me pick the music that we listen to so I put it on old school rock. We jam out while he drives to the station.

When we get there we get out of the car and I follow him inside. He leads me to the interview room.When I walk in two cops are standing in the corner and the killer is sitting at the table. I can't believe who it is I feel like strangling him. I sit down and take a deep breath.

I say, “ Was it worth me spending three years in jail for you to be free.”

“ Of course it was. I got to live my life as a free man. I wouldn't of made it growing up in jail.”

“ Ok but you killed five people in all. What kind of sick person are you? What even made you kill them all?”

“ I killed them because of Mary. I was sick of her being a cheater and a slut. I had to hear it all around town. Do you know how that made me feel? I should've just killed her and then none of the others would of died.”

“ No brother you shouldn't of killed anyone. Actually since you made me sit in jail for three years Josh you ain't shit to me anymore! I hope someone makes you their little bitch boy! Please take him away “

The cop I came with makes my brother get up and the cop takes him outside. The other cops come up to me and tell me that they are sorry for me having to do time that I shouldn't of. I say,
“ Don't worry about it. Because of you two I'm a free man now.”

I walk out of the station. Sam and Lucas are standing by Lucas's truck waiting for me. As soon as Sam sees me she runs up to me and gives me a hug. I give her a hug also. Lucas goes to shake my hand but I pull him in for a hug and give him a knuckle sandwich which makes him laugh. I can't believe how different they both look. Lucas is so grown up it seems like just yesterday I saw him.

I say, “ So Sam are you still with Haley?”

“ Yes and are relationship is stronger than ever.”

I smile at that.

The End: