Chapter One

Chapter One

Hurt. That’s what I feel.

Why you might wonder?

Well in front of me are my good friend Stacey and my longtime boyfriend Chris.

There’s nothing wrong about that so far, right?

Yeah, but when I walked into the room, they were in the middle of a making out session. Ouch. Stacey is currently straddling Chris’ lap with her hands wrapped around the back of his neck. Chris on the other side has his hands on Stacey’s butt. Moans are coming from both of them, a sound, which I will probably remember for a long time.

I hadn’t even realized, that I had started to cry until I felt hot tears streaming down my cheeks. A million thoughts are going through my head right now.  How long has this been going on for? Why were they doing this to me?

The both of them still haven’t noticed me; they're too focused on each other.

I can no longer stand seeing them, that’s why I decide to silently make my way out of the room, backwards. I really hope to be able to just get the hell out of there, as soon as possible, but apparently luck is not on my side that day.

As I am walking backwards, I bump into the doorframe with my shoulder, which causes a loud noise. That, of course makes Stacey and Chris look up. The room is so silent, you probably could hear a pin drop.

I draw in a shaky breath and quickly turn around to make my way out, when Stacey’s voice stops me.

“Kylie, it’s not what it looks like, please let me explain“. It’s not what it looks like? Yeah sure.

I look over my shoulder one last time, to see Stacey starting to make her way towards me. Chris is still sitting on the couch, looking shocked.

That’s when I run.

I sure as hell am not going to give her a chance to explain herself. There is no need to do that, I already saw everything I needed to.

I no longer just feel hurt, I am angry, upset, disappointed; I could go on for ages. Never in a million years would I have expected something like that. Chris, my boyfriend, who I had been together with for a whole year now and Stacey my really good friend, who I always had so much fun with. I just can’t believe that they went behind my back and betrayed me.

Even though I live just down the street, going home now is not an option. There I would have to face my overdramatic mother and answer her questions about why I was such a mess.

So instead I decide to take a long walk to clear my head, before going home. There is a park just a few minutes away, that’s where I am heading to. In the summer the park looks like it had just come out of a fairytale. It is so peaceful. Wild flowers are everywhere; little children are running around, laughing. It is the only place for me to fully relax. When I’m upset or when I just have to have a silent place to think, I come here.

As I am walking around, I see a young couple sitting on a bench, looking happy. Well seems like I’m not going to have moments like that anymore.

Chris had been a good boyfriend most of the time. He would take me out on sweet dates and he really could make me laugh. I enjoyed spending time with him. I always thought, that he cared about me, hell he even told me, that he loves me, but I guess he wasn’t exactly being honest about that. If he really did love me, he wouldn’t have cheated on me.

But is what I feel for him really love? I mean of course I care about him, a lot, but is that love? I know that he is not my ‘one true love’ and I also know that I was not going to be with him for the rest of my life, but being betrayed like that hurt. Believe me, it did. There’s no way that I’m getting back with him, after what he did.

The fact, that he cheated on me with a friend of mine makes this whole situation even more hurtful. I thought that I could trust the both of them, but boy was I wrong.

A silent tear runs down my face.

Just before I reach the end of the park, I see two men on my right. They both have dark clothes on and it looks like they are arguing, although I can’t make out their faces. Suddenly the taller man’s hand shoots forward and he punches the other guy right into his face. I am shocked. What is on going on there? Frozen in my steps, all I can do is let out a small gasp. Not the best thing to do, because that causes the taller guy to look directly at me.

And for the second time that day, I run.

*********************************************************************

Hey everyone!
Hope you liked this first chapter!

I know that it was short, but this only the first chapter!

Please let me know what you think and vote ❤

Love,

Marlene.