Chapter Two

Chapter Two

A beeping noise pulls me out of my deep sleep. Sighing I pull my hand out from under the blanket and hit the snooze button of my annoying alarm clock. I groan as soon as the events of yesterday come flashing back.

My boyfriend cheated on me. With a friend of mine.

To say I am upset has to be the understatement of the year.

Was being with me not enough for him? Did I do something wrong? And why did Stacey do that to me?

All those questions are running through my head as I make my way to the bathroom to take a hot, long shower.

Deciding to push Chris and Stacey out of my mind, at least for now, I remember another significant event.

I can still see his eyes boring directly into mine. Those hypnotizing eyes.

Flashback

I run.

As fast as I can.

‘Please don’t let him be following me’, I think as I force my feet to go faster.

I don’t look back, not even once, until I reached my house.

Now that I think of it, I’m not even sure why exactly I ran away from him, but something inside my head practically screamed at me to get away from him as soon as possible.

If he punched someone in the face, it’s probably better that way.

As I step out of the shower, I quickly grab a towel and wrap it around my body.

I still have one week of holiday until I have to go back to college and start my second semester. So far it has been really fun. I have lots of new friends and an amazing roommate, whose name is Caroline. I should probably call her and fill her in on everything that has happened yesterday.

Caroline is everything and more that I could have dreamed of in a roommate. She is really funny and caring. Whenever something upsets me, I know I can tell her and she will give me the best advice.

My roommate also is a little bit crazy, but hey, who isn’t?

Luckily I didn’t have to face my mum yesterday, because according to the note she left me, dad came back from his business trip and they went out for dinner. When they came back, I was already asleep.

My dad has to go on many business trips, so he’s not home a lot, but when he is, dad makes sure that he spends every single minute of it with his family. Of course it makes me sad sometimes, but I learned to live with it.

After quickly jogging down the stairs, I grab an apple from the kitchen and sit on the couch.

Lying in front of me was my phone, which was currently vibrating, because someone was calling me. I looked down on it to see Chris’ name written on the screen.

Sighing I pick the phone up and hit the green button.

“What do you want Chris? I’m not in the mood to talk to you right now.” I tell him, annoyed.

“Kylie, please give me a change to explain myself. I know that it must have looked really bad, but-“

I cut him off, before he can say another word. I’m angry now.

“It must have looked bad? Are you serious? You were making out with a friend of mine Chris. Do you have any idea how much that hurt me? I thought that I could trust you about being faithful. You never seemed like the type of guy that would cheat on someone.

Just tell me one thing. Was I not good enough for you, so you ran off to someone else?”

Tears are running down my cheeks now.

“No. Kylie please believe me, you have it all wrong. Of course you are good enough! How could you ever think, you’re not?” Chris says, his voice sounding pained.

“Then why did you do it? Why did you kiss someone else?”

“It was a mistake. Please forgive me. I promise you, that it meant nothing, absolutely nothing to me. Just give me another chance. I know that I messed up big time, but you have to forgive me Kylie. I don’t want to lose you.”

“You should have thought about that before you did it.” I am now almost shouting at him.

“Listen Chris, I need some time. I can’t talk to you right now. First I have to think about all of this. I mean you made out with a friend of mine. Bad enough, that you cheated on me, but you did it with someone you know meant a lot to me. This makes everything even more hurtful.”

With that, I end the call.

I need time to sort this mess out. Until then I can’t and I won’t talk to him.

 The stranger’s face of last evening pops into my head again. I can’t shake off the feeling, that there is something bad about him. He seems to be someone, who I should stay away from.

So why do I keep thinking about him?

A/N:

Hey guys!

That was the second chapter of ‘Don’t let go’.

I really hope you liked it!

You got to know Kylie a bit better. What do you think about her and do you think she is overreacting or can you understand her?

In the next chapter I’ll give you guys Dylan’s POV! I’m really excited about that and I hope you are too!

So anyway, if you liked the chapter, please vote and leave a comment. It keeps me motivated!

Love,

Marlene <3