Chapter 1

I was in a dark basement, my ankles and my wrists bound together. I heard odd sounds from upstairs. I heard a glass break, and then some yelling. Then suddenly a huge crash. The basement door creaks open. I wake up red in the face and sweat dripping off my forehead. I was scared for my life. I check my phone to see what time it was, I read 5:30 a.m.. I thought "It's too late to go back to sleep I have to leave in an hour anyways, might as well get ready." I walk into the bathroom anxiously, I look around, walk right over to the shower and swing the curtain in fear with my eyes closed. I open my eyes assuming i'm going to die in the next 3 seconds, and see my cat startled from when I opened the curtain. My cat jumps out of the tub, and runs to hide under my bed. I slowly and wearily turn around, looking in the mirror hoping there is nothing hiding behind me. I grab my brush, and begin brushing my hair.  I  set my brush down gently, and walk to the kitchen. I open the door to the pantry and grab a bagel still shaken from my dream. I think to myself " CAN I EAT MY BAGEL IN PEACE!" I finish my bagel, and head back to my bathroom to put on my makeup and brush my teeth. I grab my bag, and head out the door. On the bus I tell my friends about my dream. They respond with, "That sounds like something the Vortex would do." I reply with " Vortex who's Vortex?" No reply. I brush it off. By this time we had reached the school.