Chapter 2

I jumped up sweating. The Nurse came running to my side,

"Sweetie are you ok?"

"I, Umm.. I'm fine, thank you for asking.. I must hurry back to class" I said as I gave her a small smile, and ran out the door. Once I arrived in math, my teacher asked where I was, I explained like I do every. Single. Day. What much more does she want from a frightened ten year old girl, a paragraph about my flipping nightmares? Once school ended, I walked home, my bookbag in my hand.

"Mommy, I'm home!!" I shouted as I ran through the door.

"Hey there, Sugar. Anything interesting happen at school today?"

"I uhh, I passed out again, I had another one of those dreams, but it was you this time..."

"Baby girl, it's okay. It's not real, you have no reason to worry. Just try and get more sleep at night, okay?" Mother softly said as she wiped a tear that started rolling down my cheek.

"Okay mommy, I'll try," that was a lie, I slept as little as possible. Later that night when it was my bedtime, I brushed my teeth, got into pajamas, grabbed Timothy, and hopped in bed. My mother walked in my room,

"Now sweetie, try and get some sleep tonight, for me?"

"Ugh, I'll try.."

"Thank you," my mother lovingly said and she went over and gave me a hug and kiss on the cheek goodnight. As I lay there on my bed, I tried to think of things to keep myself awake but I was seeming more tired than usual. Without realizing it, I started to drift to sleep.

I am in the arms of someone strong. I open my eyes to see that Timothy is carrying me.

"Are you awake princess?" He asked still carrying me in his arms. "Yes I am." Did I just say that without thinking. "Good. Are you cold?" He asked looking down at me. His mask blocking me from seeing his real face. I shake my head. Then I move my head to see where we are walking, but all I see are dead bodys.