Chapter 22

Briana

School has been rough. Some people know that me and Michael were having problems in our relationship, but others think I'm some cheating whore. Of course everyone is still praising Dorian. I don't blame those who do, he did nothing wrong and I rather it be me getting shitted on than him.

I wrap my arms around myself and space out in class, thinking about way too much, instantly earning myself a pounding headache. I groan quietly and freeze as a hand rubs my arm, and I look over, smiling softly at Lena who now knows about me and Michael's break up, but nothing about the reasons why.

She flashed me a sympathetic smile, then turns her attention back to the board, but not me...

I've been sweating over the gruesome text messages Michael's been sending me.

At first, they started off kind of sweet and sad:

'You deserve so much better than how I treated you.'

'I never meant to hurt you, you were and still are my world.'

'If I could take back all the shit I did to you, I would without a doubt.'

'I love you with all of my heart, I'm sorry for taking you for granted.'

And then, they started to get a bit harsh:

'After all I've fucking done for you, you still can't reply back to my fucking texts?'

'I cried over you, you stupid bitch!'

'You're worthless, and I'm just now seeing that. What the fuck was I thinking wasting my time loving you?'

But then they started to get so bad, I had to just turn off my phone:

'You think I'm just leaving us at that? I will make your fucking life a nightmare you can't wake up from.'

'Remember, I'm always watching. I could come in through your bedroom window at night and slit your fucking throat.'

'Answer me you stupid BITCH! I swear I'll kill everyone it'll take to get to you, you can't keep me away forever.'

I hang down my head and start trembling, then I jump, placing my hand on my chest as the bell rings loudly.

"Shit..." I breathe out and Lena starts stacking my stuff for me.

"You okay, Bri? You seem jumpy." She states the obvious and I nod.

"Yeah... I'm just worried about how Michael is taking it."

Lies.

I know exactly how he's taking it and by the sound of it, he wants to kill me and Dorian both.

"Girl just relax, you had to do what you had to do for yourself. I think you should stick with Dorian and call it a happy ending." She smiles while I pick up my stacked books, walking out of the classroom with her.

I don't hear a word she's saying after we leave out of the class, but I do know I'm dreading my last class...

The one with both Dorian and Michael in it.

"Hey! Are you even listening to me? I'm telling you about one of the biggest moments in my life here." Lena nudges me and I snap back in reality.

"Sorry, what were you saying?" She purses her lips, and sigh.

"I was telling you that I finally gave myself to Calvin." She says and I gasp, so thrilled for her.

"Oh my god! How was it?!" I ask, completely focused on her now and she blushes.

"It hurt like a hell, but afterwards it was magical. We just connected and I don't know how some girls can just give it up to anyone. It's really the most amazing feeling to have your first time be with someone you love." She coos, and my heart drops to my stomach.

I won't ever be having that amazing 'first time in life' experience.

It was taken from me.

My eyes start to burn due to the urge of wanting to break down, but I just blink it away and throw on a smile.

"I'm so happy for you, Malena!" I whisper, and she grins, hugging me hard.

"Thanks!" She pulls back and looks around the slowly emptying halls.

"Well class is about to start, I can't be late again. Bye Bri!" She calls out while running the opposite direction.

I laugh at how energetic she is, and jog to my last class, slipping in and smiling when I see Dorian's head pop up from the back row.

He flashes me his perfect row of pearly whites and I blush, automatically making my way back to him, not even bothering to look to see if Michael came to class or not.

"Hey gorgeous." He says, leaning over and kissing my temple as I sit at my desk.

I flash him a smile and shiver as I feel someone's eyes on me. I glance over to see Michael's seat empty, but I go to day dream by staring out the window to see him leaning against his car in the parking lot, staring right at me.

"Oh my god!" I whisper, getting weird stares from him, but then I cover my mouth and look back to him as he makes a throat slicing motion with his hand. I start to shake, completely afraid as he keeps doing it, staring right at me.

How the hell did he even know I'd be sitting here? How the hell is he just chilling in the parking lot and not getting a detention for skipping??

I slump lower in my seat and wave off that I'm fine as Dorian keeps asking me what's wrong. He then grabs my hand and hold it through the rest of the class period, keeping my focus off the window and on more important things.

I just need to relax. I'm finally done with Michael, and it will hopefully stay this way when Dorian leaves at the end of this week.

  ~•~

Michael

Briana is all I've been thinking about ever since she broke it off with me earlier today.

I'm crazy for her and about her and I will do anything to ensure that she stays mine.

I watch her beautiful face as she smiles, glancing over to look at Dorian.

What the fuck does he have that I don't?

Nothing, absolutely nothing. She's always had a soft spot for him, and I should have left her alone, but now I can't.

I'm in love with her.

I'll die for her.

I'll kill for her.

I clench my hands into fists and glare at Dorian.

I don't know how I'm gonna do it or I don't know how I'm gonna be able to pull it off and cover it all up.

But I do know that Dorian Daniels is already dead to me.

And once he's out of the picture, Briana will be mine for good and forever this time.

I was telling the truth to her when I said I wasn't mentally sick or anything.

There's nothing seriously wrong with me, but now I feel as if my love and obsession for her is making me develop a mental problem.

I need her and I want her all to myself, and if I do have to start shredding through the people that are the closest to her and keeping her away from me, I most definitely will.

Without a second thought.

I love Briana Jordan with all of my heart.

And we aren't over until I say so.