Saved By A Hardy Boy PART II

Years ago I thought I had come to peace with the fact that I was going to die alone after what I experienced, I didn’t want a relationship. Little did I know that it is what I needed to move on from that horrible time in my life. That is exactly what I did, I moved on from Tyler and all of the haunting memories that come with the thought of him. It is crazy to think that only a few years ago I was the captive of a psycho drug dealer, and thought that was my life and it would never change. But now? Now I am happy. Hell I am married and pregnant!

You see, instead of fearing the flashbacks I learned to accept them. I had to grow in a lot of ways to accept what happened to me and look forward to every new day. Today was a day I particularly looking forward to because today is the fourteenth week of my pregnancy and we were finding out the sex of the baby.

“Are you almost ready?” Jeff asked from behind me, the hairs on my back stood up- detecting him before he wound his arm around my waist and rubbed my stomach. I leaned back into his chest and let his scent fill my lungs; it still made my mind whirl.

“Yeah I just need to put my shoes on.” I said while reluctantly walking away from Jeff before bending down to get my converse. Jeff got there first and moved to put my shoes on. “Jeff, sweat heart, I know you are trying to help but I can still put my shoes on… I mean I am barley even showing yet.” I chuckled while grabbing my shoes from his hands and slipping them on.

“Sorry, I just want to help but don’t know how.” He said while scratching the back of his head.

I laughed. “You won’t be saying that when I can’t get up and make you do everything.” I said laying my hands on his chest and going up on my tippy toes to pecking his cheek.

“I’d do anything you asked with a smile.” He said with a chuckle as he grabbed my hand off his chest, intertwining out finger immediately as he led me to the new blacked out Hummer H2.

When I decided I wanted the car that made me feel like I was in a tank, I didn’t put into account how high it would be off the ground. “Ugh, we are going to need a small set of stairs or a stepping stool.” I chuckled as I hoisted myself into the passenger’s seat while Jeff spotted me.

“We’ll figure something out.” He said as he started the car, once we were pulled out and on the road he grabbed my hand.

We were on our way to see our OB/GYN, which stands for obstetrics and gynecology. Basically she is a surgeon for both obstetrics and gynecology, with pregnant and non-pregnant patients. Jeff wouldn’t settle for any doctor any less than perfect. We eventually found Joan Bening, one of the nation’s leading physicians in her area of expertise, and conveniently she ran her practice out of North Carolina.  

I rubbed my stomach and tried to imagine what our baby would look like, boy or girl. All the boy got from me was dark hair and an olive complexion, other than that he was full on Jeff. The girl was gorgeous with her blond hair and green eyes. “We need to start thinking of names.” I said thoughtfully while I laid my hand on my abdomen.

“Yeah, I had an idea about that; I was going to run it by you.” He said as a slight blush rose to his cheeks. I smiled at the fact that he was going to be an excellent, devoted, and loving father.

“Go on.” I said excitedly.

“Well I thought if it was a boy, you could name him and if it a girl then I can name her.” He said with a broad smile.

“But we both have to agree on what the other one chooses.” I added with a firm nod.

“Agreed, so the one I thought of were Ruby, after my mother.” He said after a small smile, I didn’t need to hear any more because the first girl we had was going to be named Ruby, there is no question! “And then her middle name can be Maria after your mom.” He grabbed my hand and squeezed it tightly.