Chapter 3

I was in Social Studies, not my best subject. I was just working on the sheet that we were assigned and I could tell that some girls were talking about me from down the aisle. They were giggling of course, and speaking bits and pieces a bit too loud so I could hear them. We were working in partners, and of course I didn't have any friends in this class. As I neared the third question on the worksheet, someone came up to me and cleared their throat.

"Drew?" I asked as I looked up.

He gave me a quirky smile that was absolutely adorable.

"Hey again, I guess we have this class together too. Want to work together?"

I gave him a nervous giggle, I guessed we had every class together as far as I could tell.

"Yeah, sure." I accepted.

We had been working on the assignment for twenty minutes but we had barely gotten anything done because he kept cracking corny jokes that made me laugh. He was quite the trickster, always taking my pen when I wasn't looking.

"Cmon, Drew!" i giggled, "We have to get to work!"

I heard a clap come from the front of the room, "Alright, guys! Class is over, you can go!"

I looked down at my worksheet and frowned, I hadn't gotten anything done!

"Drew!"

"Yes?"

I shoved the worksheet in his face, showing him that we hadn't even gotten one question done!

"If this is going to be the rate we work at, we aren't going to be partners anymore." I say without looking at him.

He wraps an arm around me, "You can't stay away from Mr. Irresistable!"

"Oh, that's your name now? I don't think it's very correct." I laughed.

His mouth drops in surprise, not used to having someone reject him. I laugh again and stuff my worksheet into my backpack before getting up and heading out of the classroom. I feel somebody grab my arm and I turn back to look at them. I see Natalie, Drew's ex. My eyes widen a bit and I pull my hand away as she speaks.

"Look, loser," she begins, "Drew's mine, got that? He'll never fall for an ugly whore like you."

Tears fill my eyes and I nod. Drew finally comes over, giving his ex a weird look before glancing over at me. He notices my tears and reaches a hand out, which I decline by turning and rushing down the hall into the girl's bathroom. He tries to follow me, calling after me, but I slam the door shut before he could get any closer. I push myself into one of the stalls before collapsing into the hard floor. I bury my face between my knees and let out a loud sob, just wanting the day to be over.

(I'm really sorry for the short chapter today guys!! I kinda ran out of ideas for this because I haven't worked with it for so long but some of you guys wanted me to bring it back so here I am!)