two of two

Cedric was the last to enter the train compartment full of his friends due to his last prefect duties of the year. It was pretty much a mess when he entered as his friends were laughing and throwing Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans at each other, trying and failing to catch them with their mouths.

"Aye, Ced. Catch!"

Cedric had spaced out, and had a hand pulling down his tie to loosen it when a bright green jellybean hit his forehead and fell on the compartment floor. The Hufflepuffs around him all laughed and high-fived eachother.

"Haha, fu-"

The view in his seat by the door was beautiful.

Yes, she was quite perfect, even.
Cedric immediately unbuttoned his school robes, bunching it up in a ball before standing, dropping his robes on his seat before quickly exiting the rowdy train compartment full of his airheaded friends.

"Sue, wait!"

Sue turned once hearing her name, hands pulling her knitted maroon sweater sleeves over her fists. "Hi, Cedric." A small grin on his face, he stopped in his tracks, watching the Gryffindor Chaser lean against the separating walls inbetween two closed compartment windows. Cedric leaned on the window ledge across her, his back facing the green scenery and his arms propped up on the wooden ledge, supporting his weight.

"Ced, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have ran out. I understand if-"

"You have ink on your cheek."

"Huh?"

Moving her sweater paws frantically on her cheeks, Sue tried to wipe away the mark, wherever it was. The boy's soft laughter stopped her movements, a blush on her cheeks from embarrasment and on his due to the cold.

"May I?"

Cedric pointed, gesturing toward Sue's ink smudged cheek. Sue nodded, putting her hands down. The smiling boy stood straighter, ruffling his hair a bit before leaning closer to Sue's seemingly always red cheeks. She can't help but stare at how he messed his hair up. He can't help but stare at her eyes.

Cedric's calloused and surprisingly cold thumb rubbed at the blank ink mark on her cheekbone, smiling softly as the mark moved from her skin to his. "There, all better." A 'thank you' was said at the same soft whisper Cedric spoke with. They were too close. It was suffocating.

"Thanks."
And Sue took a step to the side and left Cedric alone in the hall, leaving him breathless and suffocating.